So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
In 1987 or 88 I was the copywriter for the Agency of Record for Clausthaler. We tried to sell it through restaurants as a higher profit luncheon beverage. "Lunch with Claus." Get alcohol profits at lunch. Since then the chain restaurants have decided to sell 18¢ worth of Coke syrup for $2.75, so I guess they took care of the beverage profit margins on their own. At the time, it was the better tasting of the non-alcoholics, but it is a very skunky beer. Our internal slogan for it at the Agency was, "Smells like skunk, tastes like ." Spent lots of time arguing with the German brewers who thought it should be positioned as an alternative for alcoholics trying to stay sober – that was their positioning in Germany. Also had to deal with the crazy advertising agency owner who talked a couple of local restaurants into stocking it so that when the guys from All Brand Importers (the Hublein division that imported the stuff) came by we could all order it for lunch. One of the reasons you can drink a lot of beer is because alcohol is a diuretic. Try sitting there and smiling when your crazy boss orders a third round of this heavy glop that just sits in your stomach. Hublein served it for a while in their cafeteria but stopped when they realized some employees were brining it back to their desks as a cover up for the beer breath they acquired while getting tanked on regular beer. Ahhhh, but I digress. It's hard to imagine someone having a favorite non-alcoholic beer. Serve whatever NA beer you want and have plenty of ice tea available. At least non-alcoholic wine can be a tasty Welch's selection. :D

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Pumpkin is 3rd to only turkey and ketchup as the most overrated foodstuff of all time

Lot of basic on here

Reaction Score
I haven’t had many pumpkin beers but I really enjoy this one: Punkuccino from Elysian Brewing Company. I had it on tap at a local Irish pub a couple years ago and then went on an adventure to find it after that.

Reaction Score
Love HF 2x galaxy also. This and Abner are my two favs from HF. But u gotta stock up cuz they don’t have either all that frequently. I personally think Alchemist just 30+ minutes further is a better choice than HF. PRICE and selection far superior.

I don’t think you can go wrong in that neck of the woods with Lawson’s, Foam, Alchemist, HF around ...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So things have not changed. No alcohol beer is just not beer. We have the favorite real beer for house guests and a bunch of the usual subjects (Bud, Heineken, etc), but I guess I'll see if a new one called Heineken 0-0 is any good.

Can you imagine this guys reaction to no alcohol beer:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Pumking is good but sweet. Roadsmary’s Baby is nice. My favorite is from Ballast Point. Has a Scotch ale as a base.

Reaction Score
Drinking pumpkin beer is for casuals, I guess. But I’m not casual. I drank it at a wedding with a shot in it (not casual). I drink it when my wife buys it and I don’t have anything else because I drank everything else (not casual). I’ll have it on a holiday if someone else brings it because I’m probably drinking all day anyway and it is only one or two of the beers or cocktails on my agenda. So, what the hell. (not casual).

Don’t judge. Especially, you cider drinkers. (not judging)

Reaction Score
Avery brewing out here in CO makes the only pumpkin beer I've not hated...

Pump[KY]n - bourbon barrel aged pumpkin Porter, and 15% to boot. I only get it at the brewery since they'll do 5oz pours, or possibly grab a single bottle to split with someone. They do a Rumpkin too, but I don't care for rum

i much prefer the Oktoberfest beers this time of year. Actually stumbled on a good one from startford no less...ok2berfest from two roads

Reaction Score
There is no such thing as good pumpkin spice beer. Water, hops, barley, yeast. That’s it. Nothing else allowed.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Boneyard,

Love everything about fall, except for pumpkin beer. Every year I try to find a gem, but mostly end up with a whole bunch of bottles in the back of the fridge.

Does a good pumpkin beer actually exist?

If so, help me find the diamond in the rough!
Thimble Island Brewing's Dark Pumpkin Porter and Elysian's Night Owl are our go-tos if we buy pumpkin brews..

Reaction Score
Drink what you like man, don't listen to the haters.

I find that a lot of people that bash pumpkin beers have no problem drinking Milkshake IPAs, Fruited IPAs, Beer slushies, NEIPAs that taste like straight orange juice, and Pastry Stouts with maple syrup/chocolate/coffee/almonds/tiramisu in it.
They're all delicious...like I said, drink what you like.

With that said, here are some good pumpkin beers
Elysian Night Owl (my favorite pumpkin beer at the moment)
Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin (higher ABV but still really good)
Kentucky Pumpkin Barrel Ale (aged in bourbon barrels)

And if you like cider...
McKenzies Pumpkin Jack (just a heads up that's it's pretty sweet)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Boneyard,

Love everything about fall, except for pumpkin beer. Every year I try to find a gem, but mostly end up with a whole bunch of bottles in the back of the fridge.

Does a good pumpkin beer actually exist?

If so, help me find the diamond in the rough!
Jack-O Traveler Pumpkin Shandy

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just an observation on Octoberfest beers. Sam Adams’ version gives me an awful headache for some reason.

Sugar. A traditional Octoberfest - Marzen tastes rather different than Sam's version, which is very malty and sweet.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Are you in CT?

The Athletic Brewing Company out of Stratford is putting our amazing NA brews.

In stores:

Run Wild (light blue can) IPA is awesome
PM Dawn (yellow can) golden ale is amazeballs.
Cerveza Atletica (tan can) is an excellent copper lager.

They have brewery-only stuff, too.

I was afraid to buy a 6-pack because I thought I would hate it but when I had a chance to buy a single I was loving these brews.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom