Beer | Page 188 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
I went to a restaurant in CT last night and they had a draft beer on the menu from Counterweight called Heavyweight. Never heard of it and can't find it on Untappd. Was this just a mistake and it was supposed to be Headway? That's what I'm guessing.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I've only had 2 of the 6 cans I brought home so far, but Super Sap might be my new favorite from Treehouse. I wasn't a huge fan of the regular Sap last year when I had it, but the double version is fantastic.

Palate fatigue gets me with treehouse. Their flavor profile is so distinct, and so strong, that it desensitizes you, after a while. I find i need to reset my beer taste a couple of times a year - go to stouts, pilsners, anything but IPAs, especially theirs, for 2 weeks or so.

Speaking of not IPAs - the Sierra Nevada/Bitburger Oktoberfest is tremendous, if you like that style.

I agree about the reset, and the fall/winter is a great time for it. Oktoberfest and stouts are a great style for the season, so I usually make sure to sprinkle those in this time of year. Backwoods Bastard by Founders is an awesome ale aged in bourbon barrels that's great in the colder months.

Reaction Score
Has anyone else heard of or used Tavour? My buddy told me about it a few weeks ago and I have really like it so far. It’s basically a beer delivery service where you can buy singles of beer you can’t get in your area, and the their inventory is really solid (I have a side project, cycle brewing and prairie artisan in my first crate). Expensive but with two kids this is the only alternative to hitting up breweries on can releases. I am due to get my first crate delivered in early September so will post here on the quality of the delivery/age of beer etc. they post the can date of IPAs though and all have been within the month.

Reaction Score
I've had a few that I've really liked, but part of the problem is that it doesn't sell because of the price point, so most stores I go into have beer that's six months or more older, which is a death sentence for an IPA.
I think a lot of people miss this point. A lot of the top end ales fall off a cliff after a few months because of the lack of preservatives. People saving their Treehouse or Trillium IPAs/APAs in the fridge for months are wasting it! You'll see "Drink Fresh" plastered all over the cans...for a reason!

Reaction Score
I went to a restaurant in CT last night and they had a draft beer on the menu from Counterweight called Heavyweight. Never heard of it and can't find it on Untappd. Was this just a mistake and it was supposed to be Headway? That's what I'm guessing.
I would guess that this is a mistake - I know they've done various DDH and one-off versions of the Headway, but I don't see Heavyweight on untappd either and people are usually really good about getting those beers on the app as soon as they drop, whether it be the breweries or customers themselves

Reaction Score
I've only had 2 of the 6 cans I brought home so far, but Super Sap might be my new favorite from Treehouse. I wasn't a huge fan of the regular Sap last year when I had it, but the double version is fantastic.

I agree about the reset, and the fall/winter is a great time for it. Oktoberfest and stouts are a great style for the season, so I usually make sure to sprinkle those in this time of year. Backwoods Bastard by Founders is an awesome ale aged in bourbon barrels that's great in the colder months.
Spaten Oktoberfest on tap. Nothing like it.

Reaction Score
So I go to a really good beer store in Keene, NH (Brewtopia) and get eleven 16oz cans of decent stuff- Hanse Pilsner, Mast Landing something from Maine, I forget the other one. Total was $40.10. Now to compare, I bought today a 12 pack of Lagunitas 12th of Never ale, which is great beer, for $13.99- with tax and deposit, maybe $17? Sometimes it's hard to justify the really good stuff when something so much cheaper tastes great too.

Reaction Score
Right now I’m drinking a “Softly Spoken Magic Spell” by Singlecut. Easily one of my favorites. It’s only released a couple times a year so it’s on the expensive side but well worth it. Very smooth and at 8+% gives you a nice relaxing buzz...

Reaction Score
Right now I’m drinking a “Softly Spoken Magic Spell” by Singlecut. Easily one of my favorites. It’s only released a couple times a year so it’s on the expensive side but well worth it. Very smooth and at 8+% gives you a nice relaxing buzz...
Love Singlecut, all very good. But I refuse to spend $20+ on a 4 pack. I encourage my friends to splurge, and share

Reaction Score
Love Singlecut, all very good. But I refuse to spend $20+ on a 4 pack. I encourage my friends to splurge, and share

I don’t blame you, but this is a rarity so I’ll spend it. I figured I’d spend $5-6 on this in a bar for much less than a pint so worth it.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Their best beer, and one of the best, period.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Why is that the beers that were $ 10.00 last night were only $ 6.00 during the Hartford Athletic games that were played this summer in the RENT? Could it be a special UCONN surcharge? Doesn't one stadium authority run all concessions at the RENT for all events? Why the discrepancy?
I fully expected to pay the $ 10.00. It's just confounding, the price difference. If I hadn't gone to that soccer game with my son-in-law, I wouldn't have known about these shenanigans.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Under 229 they just had fridges like you see at the store where you can grab your beer and check out. It was interesting.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Boneyard,

Love everything about Fall, except for Pumpkin Beer. Every year I try to find a gem, but mostly end up with a whole bunch of bottles in the back of the fridge.

Does a good pumpkin beer actually exist?

If so, help me find the diamond in the rough!

Reaction Score
Boneyard,

Love everything about fall, except for pumpkin beer. Every year I try to find a gem, but mostly end up with a whole bunch of bottles in the back of the fridge.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't drink much beer anymore, and when I did pumpkin beer was never a favorite style, but I did like a couple I found that tasted like real pumpkin, rather than a bunch of spices. IIRC Cisco's Pumple Drumkin was the best example I found of that--and it was especially good served in a glass that was rimmed with sugar in the raw, which is the way they serve it at Coal's in Port Chester.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The only good one is Roadsmary Baby from Two Roads. It’s much more substantial than Shipyard Pumpkinhead or other things that are essentially Bud Light Pumpkin Spice. Anything else that comes in a variety pack when I have people over or bring to a tailgate winds up in back fridge beer purgatory with Sam Adams Chocolate bock and some janky maple porters.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Boneyard,

Love everything about fall, except for pumpkin beer. Every year I try to find a gem, but mostly end up with a whole bunch of bottles in the back of the fridge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom