Pulisic | The Boneyard

Pulisic

Reaction Score
... with the left. Imagine, more Yanks with the ability to truly, effectively, and positively utilize both feet to score and other good stuff.

Reaction Score
His production is against awful teams

He was terrible against Mexico, the one and only play he made his shot wasn't anywhere on goal

He could turn into a great player, who knows, time will tell.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

He was terrible against Mexico, the one and only play he made his shot wasn't anywhere on goal

Well he wasn't terrible. But yea, he certainly didn't have a good game (at least up to recent standards). But then again, he's 18 years old playing his first game in Azteca. He'll be fine.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Well he wasn't terrible. But yea, he certainly didn't have a good game (at least up to recent standards). But then again, he's 18 years old playing his first game in Azteca. He'll be fine.
Even so, he just missed that moment of "magic" late.

Reaction Score

He had 41 touches, 17 completed passes, 6 1v1s and 2 chances created, leading the US in all of those categories. Not sure what you expect out of him when we clearly weren't trying to possess going forward.

Reaction Score
That was an easy save even if it was target. The goalie was on the post. He needed to go left corner, which would have been Messi, Neymaresque

He'd have a statue already if he'd hit that one.

Reaction Score
That was an easy save even if it was target. The goalie was on the post. He needed to go left corner, which would have been Messi, Neymaresque

Um, no . . .

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 1.49.13 PM.png

Reaction Score

He was ok. Mexico basically played him the same way that Brazil played James Rodrigues in the 2014 World Cup quarters. Surrounded him every time he touched it, and got physical as much as possible. He did a good job keeping his frustration in check, but it clearly had an effect on him when he did have some touches in space. To be expected, IMO.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Carlosque?? :cool:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Find something else to complain about. This is only the third point on the road there in decades.

Pulisic did fine for his third game in a week at altitude will little support in a bunkering gameplan.

For the amount of possession and corner kicks conceded, the squad did just fine in the end.

Reaction Score
It's more about people thinking he's the next Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar vs. what he is. He was awful last night against a terrible Mexico team.

He's closer to Freddy Adu than any of them.

Find something else to complain about. This is only the third point on the road there in decades.

Pulisic did fine for his third game in a week at altitude will little support in a bunkering gameplan.

For the amount of possession and corner kicks conceded, the squad did just fine in the end.

Reaction Score
"It's more about people thinking he's the next Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar vs. what he is."

Literally nobody is saying this.

"He was awful last night against a terrible Mexico team."

He was mediocre against the #17 ranked team in the FIFA rankings in a place where they rarely lose a match of consequence.

Try harder. If you're going to try to be a contrarian, you need to be a bit more sophisticated than this.

Reaction Score
Not really. My point is he is becoming a household name and has accomplished virtually nothing.

Doesn't have a goal against a FIFA top ranked 50 team. That was my original point. His production is against bad teams.

I like him and hope he continues to improve.

Try harder. If you're going to try to be a contrarian, you need to be a bit more sophisticated than this.

Reaction Score
Not really. My point is he is becoming a household name and has accomplished virtually nothing.

Doesn't have a goal against a FIFA top ranked 50 team. That was my original point. His production is against bad teams.

I like him and hope he continues to improve.
Adu was being hyped at 14 just for making an MLS roster. Pulisic is getting consistent playing time in the Bundesliga and Champions League. It's like comparing NBA to D-League ball.

Reaction Score
He had 5 goals in 41 total matches this past season for Dortmund

Not exactly domination

I like him a lot, but the hype is a little extreme at this point. It's more a reflection of how bad US soccer is and has been

Adu was being hyped at 14 just for making an MLS roster. Pulisic is getting consistent playing time in the Bundesliga and Champions League. It's like comparing NBA to D-League ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom