Puerto Rico Tip-off Field | The Boneyard

Puerto Rico Tip-off Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why is the field so bad? Uconn is the only ranked team. Uconn and a bunch of mid-majors.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Why is the field so bad? Uconn is the only ranked team. Uconn and a bunch of mid-majors.

Why do we even have to play these games, can't they just hand us the trophy already?

Reaction Score
Since when are the Big 12 and ACC mid-major conferences? Need I remind you that we are actually the ones in the mid-major conference? Texas A&M, West Virginia and BC are all from major conferences. Dayton made the Elite 8 last year. What say you now? I'm not saying it is a gauntlet of top teams but dial down the hyperbole a bit, eh.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Let's not play any games until the NCAA tournament. Come to think of it, let's not even play the first two rounds of the tournament because the competition will be lousy. That should eliminate all mid majors from our schedule.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We should schedule UK for every one of our non conference games. Strength of schedule through the roof.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
WV -BC underway 9-4 BC

Reaction Score
If anyone here doesn't think Dayton can't beat a ranked team then they haven't watched a lot of college basketball. Come February they will be dangerous, and certainly will make noise in the Tourney.

I think this Tourney is perfect for us, losing 5 players (4 Seniors and 1 Junior) of which 4 started at some point in their UConn career. We are not ready for top tier experienced teams with our current roster right now. Wouldn't have been good for our confidence either.

Perfect Tourney I say..

Reaction Score
I don't care if BC and Texas A&M are in "major" conferences… they are mid-majors in basketball.

Reaction Score
Dude BC hasn't had a winning season in 4 years. They went 8-24 last year. Calling them a "major" is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Dude BC hasn't had a winning season in 4 years. They went 8-24 last year. Calling them a "major" is ridiculous.
Come on Dude! So have it your way and we play uk, dook and kansas in PR this Tourney. Good chance we lose, game is not competitive, spoiling the beautiful sunshine and the opportunity to have team bonding. Ask any Husky player or coach if they are not enjoying the trip right now and they would laugh at your suggestion. Ask any UConn fan and down there and they would curse your arse out. Realize we are not that great nor ready yet. Ollie can teach and drill them in game environment, getting them ready for the season.

We are Champions and have to prove nothing to no one.

Relax, we are winning, wtf do you want?

Reaction Score

Look, I don't want to get into a pissing match but you have a very fundamental misunderstanding here. BC could lose every single game for a decade and as long as they are in the ACC they are a major conference team. End of story. The term "mid-major" is predicated on conference affiliation, not how good a team is. Got it? Just say they stink, you'd get no argument about that.

Reaction Score
Come on Dude! So have it your way and we play uk, dook and kansas in PR this Tourney. Good chance we lose, game is not competitive, spoiling the beautiful sunshine and the opportunity to have team bonding. Ask any Husky player or coach if they are not enjoying the trip right now and they would laugh at your suggestion. Ask any UConn fan and down there and they would curse your arse out. Realize we are not that great nor ready yet. Ollie can teach and drill them in game environment, getting them ready for the season.

We are Champions and have to prove nothing to no one.

Relax, we are winning, wtf do you want?

There are other tourney's with way better fields that are in "beautiful sunshine." We are the national champions.. Why aren't we in the Champions Classic or at least a field with other ranked teams. Why don't we ever play in Maui anymore? Last time we played there was in 10 I believe. I just think this field kinda stinks. Not sure how anyone can dispute that.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Dayton and WVU are tournament teams this year. BC might get in, most likely not.

Reaction Score
There are other tourney's with way better fields that are in "beautiful sunshine." We are the national champions.. Why aren't we in the Champions Classic or at least a field with other ranked teams. Why don't we ever play in Maui anymore? Last time we played there was in 06 I believe. I just think this field kinda stinks. Not sure how anyone can dispute that.
Sorry but this fan doesn't feel we are ready with this new team to challenge top tier experienced teams. I have no complaints, Champion or not. Like I said we have no need to prove anything or to anyone. We are where we need to be right now and I'm enjoying it.

In time you'll get your wish.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Why aren't we in the Champions Classic
Because ESPN didn't pick UConn. Get over it.

Why aren't we in...at least a field with other ranked teams.
Fields are selected a year or more ahead of time. There is no way to know how good teams are going to be. Last year UConn has in the 2k Classic with Indiana. Most years Indiana is a great resume win, but last year it was not. Just how things are.

Why don't we ever play in Maui anymore? Last time we played there was in 06 I believe.
Kemba Walker begs to differ... Yeesh.

edit: Looks like you edited your original post to reflect UConn at Maui in 2010, but the rest of the points remain.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
image.jpg
The term "mid-major" is predicated on conference affiliation, not how good a team is. Got it?

Reaction Score
There are other tourney's with way better fields that are in "beautiful sunshine." We are the national champions.. Why aren't we in the Champions Classic or at least a field with other ranked teams. Why don't we ever play in Maui anymore? Last time we played there was in 10 I believe. I just think this field kinda stinks. Not sure how anyone can dispute that.

I believe there is a limit as to how often a team can play in a given preseason tournament. We just won it four years ago for , how old are you?

Nobody is arguing that it's not the toughest field out there but there are a few other decent teams participating and the consensus seems to be that we think the degree of difficulty is about right for this team right now. Your original post was a bit over the top. You do realize we have Texas, Florida and Duke coming up in the coming weeks, right?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
2015- Battle 4 Atlantis. Only 3 teams announced: UConn, Syracuse, Gonzaga.
2016- Maui is the target.
2017- Nike tournament. Kentucky, Duke, UNC, OSU, Florida, Texas, etc

So there you go.
I just hate it when people interfere with a good rant!

Reaction Score
I believe there is a limit as to how often a team can play in a given preseason tournament. We just won it four years ago for , how old are you?

Nobody is arguing that it's not the toughest field out there but there are a few other decent teams participating and the consensus seems to be that we think the degree of difficulty is about right for this team right now. Your original post was a bit over the top. You do realize we have Texas, Florida and Duke coming up in the coming weeks, right?

Yes we have Texas, Duke and Florida….SMU twice… and not much else. How many teams can you see the AAC getting in the tournament? 3 max? Would have been good to play another ranked for our resume.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Kemba Walker begs to differ... Yeesh.

edit: Looks like you edited your original post to reflect UConn at Maui in 2010, but the rest of the points remain.

Hahaha snagged him. Kinda takes the thunder out of that rant. Indiana was awesome the year before last no? iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom