Public service announcement | The Boneyard

Public service announcement

Reaction Score
There has been a lot of talk about AK's position among the Husky greats for his role in a possible 3-peat.

Hass and SJ should be mentioned in this. It's not as if they are 5 minute/game role player.

They all should go into the Husky Hall together.

This is one to grow on

Reaction Score
If Samson performs as a full time starter this year with notable stats, maybe. For now, we haven’t won 3 in a row and he hasn’t arrived yet. I’m pulling for him. He’s a humble and loyal soldier.

You just can’t put everyone on the wall. Our program is so good, that it’s tempting, but you’ve got to keep it truly special.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Samson performs as a full time starter this year with notable stats, maybe. For now, we haven’t won 3 in a row and he hasn’t arrived yet. I’m pulling for him. He’s a humble and loyal soldier.

You just can’t put everyone on the wall. Our program is so good, that it’s tempting but you’ve got to keep it truly special.
I agree, the wall has to be truly special. Mark Zanetto of Locked on UConn was saying that if UConn 3-peats that Alex Karaban would be a top 3 Husky of all time. I love Alex, but there is no universe where he is a top 3 Husky of all time.

6in25

Proud Owner of a Forever Seat
Reaction Score
Cue the "Top 3 Huskies of All Time" thread/poll

scared courtroom GIF

Reaction Score
People still listen to him?!
LMFAO. I think there are some that do. Honestly, I just read the comments section and someone wrote that he said this. I did not watch his podcast.

I don't have any angst against him like most here on the BoneYard do and I will watch his podcast if I see something interesting, but I have not watched any part of a podcast from him in months. He lost some credibility with me by saying the Big 12 invite was imminent. Not only was it not imminent, it still has not happened.

Reaction Score
If the 3peat happens, Karaban will belong in his own special category of husky greats because he would have been a starter and big contributor on all of those teams. Also, Hurley says the program changed as soon as karaban walked in the door..that certainly means something. But let’s see how this year goes. He needs to be Alpha Karaban this season.

Reaction Score

You just can’t put everyone on the wall. Our program is so good, that it’s tempting but you’ve got to keep it truly special.

Did the Miami Dolphins exclude any of their "Perfect Season" players from any of their annual events/celebrations/recognitions?

Honestly, if we 3-peat, they should at the very least make some section or wall of Werth or Gampel celebrate that historic accomplishment and include every single player/coach involved in making it happen.

Reaction Score
We're going to have to change the rafter's requirements soon.
Winning a championship isn't enough anymore gasp.....you should have to be an all-american, NPOY, or MOP of Tournament imo...

I'm all for special recognition of teams, but the players themselves should be a different story.

Reaction Score
I agree, the wall has to be truly special. Mark Zanetto of Locked on UConn was saying that if UConn 3-peats that Alex Karaban would be a top 3 Husky of all time. I love Alex, but there is no universe where he is a top 3 Husky of all time.
If AK is, then Niles Giffey would be too. People (like Zenetto) forget how many great players we've had at UConn. Ray (Hall of Famer), RIP and Cliffy (borderline Hall of Famers), Kemba and Donyell (very good pros).....

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There has been a lot of talk about AK's position among the Husky greats for his role in a possible 3-peat.

Hass and SJ should be mentioned in this. It's not as if they are 5 minute/game role player.

This is one to grow on
I truly appreciate the contributions we've received from Hassan and Samson but the reality is for the two titles we've won with the three of them (including AK) on the roster, Alex has contributed more than HD and SJ combined.

Yes, this can change this upcoming season but, if we win a third straight title (and Karaban plays the role we're expecting of him) he will have earned a spot on the wall without question. Diarra and/or Johnson will need to perform tremendously (astronomically in SJ's case) beyond anything we could imagine to earn a spot on the wall.

Reaction Score
Suppose Alex averages 18&6 while going 50,40,90 on his way to #3?

Reaction Score
If a 3 peat happens AK would be like where Jeter is amongst Yankee all time greats a pure winner. You wouldn't think of putting him in the top 10 UConn players all time but an all time winner you wouldn't hesitate to put in the top 5 if that makes any sense.

Reaction Score

This is one to grow on
Andrew Hurley being on the staff is a pretty underrated aspect btw, especially for Dan Hurley.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Andrew Hurley being on the staff is a pretty underrated aspect btw, especially for Dan Hurley.
I found Andrew Hurley joining the staff interesting. If Dan was the whack job that is often portrayed publicly, you'd think his son would want to get a little space to develop. The fact that he's staying on the staff makes me believe that the non-public Dan may actually be a pretty reasonable guy. The great part is both things can be true at the same time.

Reaction Score
I found Andrew Hurley joining the staff interesting. If Dan was the whack job that is often portrayed publicly, you'd think his son would want to get a little space to develop. The fact that he's staying on the staff makes me believe that the non-public Dan may actually be a pretty reasonable guy. The great part is both things can be true at the same time.

They seem to be two peas in a pod. Sarcastic and fun to be around. I’ve seen Andrew giving his dad a hard time on several occasions. They both get a laugh out of it.

Dan works his players and staff hard but he seems to treat them really well. He’s a master of blending old school ball coach with new age player’s coach. I think that why he’s so successful. He can work you to death but make you like him anyway. That’s a unique skill. In his case the players not only like him, they seem to adore him. Even the ones that should transfer won’t leave.

Reaction Score
They seem to be two peas in a pod. Sarcastic and fun to be around. I’ve seen Andrew giving his dad a hard time on several occasions. They both get a laugh out of it.

Dan works his players and staff hard but he seems to treat them really well. He’s a master of blending old school ball coach with new age player’s coach. I think that why he’s so successful. He can work you to death but make you like him anyway. That’s a unique skill. In his case the players not only like him, they seem to adore him. Even the ones that should transfer won’t leave.
That is the key. For a coach to put the players through "Navy Seal hell week" as he stated in the Graham Bensinger interview and for him to be that tough on them, the players have to know that you as a coach care about their well being. If they don't get a sense that you as a coach care about their well being that tough treatment in practice will only repel them.

Reaction Score
That is the key. For a coach to put the players through "Navy Seal hell week" as he stated in the Graham Bensinger interview and for him to be that tough on them, the players have to know that you as a coach care about their well being. If they don't get a sense that you as a coach care about their well being that tough treatment in practice will only repel them.
True. And they all want the same thing. It's not as if Hurley is the only one who greatly benefits. In the real world, If you're making so-so money at a so-so job, if you're boss rides you hard and your only payoff is a paycheck, you're gonna hate the boss. If the payoff is a mutual national championship, and an nba career, you fall in love with that boss.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom