PTI on best female player | The Boneyard

PTI on best female player

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yesterday, Tony and Mike wished EDD a happy 28th birthday. Then Tony said that she may be the best player in the women's game. Wilbon, who has a home in Arizona, said he would lean toward "Ms. Taurasi." Then, Tony mentioned "Maya Moore."

Reaction Score
Yesterday, Tony and Mike wished EDD a happy 28th birthday. Then Tony said that she may be the best player in the women's game. Wilbon, who has a home in Arizona, said he would lean toward "Ms. Taurasi." Then, Tony mentioned "Maya Moore."

The correct answer (at this point in time) is Maya; she's the best all-around player in women's basketball. Yet in the back of my mind is the impression Britteny Griner made on me during the last world championships. When Griner was in the game, the US could not be seriously challenged. When she wasn't, things went less well. That made me think that Brittney might be the biggest difference-maker in the game, though those of you who follow the WNBA may have another opinion. As for EDD, she's playing here in DC and has been injured much of the season. She suffers from chronic issues related to Lyme Disease as well. My thought about her is that (at the moment) she is a somewhat diminished player . . .

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Yeah I think I would go with whoever these two guys agree on... between the two of them I would guess that they have watched probably zero complete WBB games at any level, unless they were being paid to watch it.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Maya, EDD, Brittney, Candace Parker, Tina Charles . . .

There's no reason you need to pick just one. I wouldn't mind building a team around any one of them.

Reaction Score
Tonight on pti when tony asked who would win the wnba championship mike said the best player Maya Moore's team would win it all and Tony agreed with him.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tonight on pti when tony asked who would win the wnba championship mike said the best player Maya Moore's team would win it all and Tony agreed with him.
I didn't catch that, but the smart money is usually on Maya and her team. I think L.A. may have a slight edge, though.

Reaction Score
Yeah I think I would go with whoever these two guys agree on... between the two of them I would guess that they have watched probably zero complete WBB games at any level, unless they were being paid to watch it.

I'd bet they have watched UCONN quite a bit

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'd bet they have watched UCONN quite a bit
Don't. I am a long time fan, and I actually generally like their opinions. And they do like UConn and they like Geno who they had on a number of times back when they had more frequent guests.

That said, while I think they stay up on things, they don't really follow women's basketball. Be happy that they do bring it up every once in a while.

Reaction Score
I had the pleasure of being in Hartford to watch Maya Moore (Griner's soph year; Maya was a frosh??). I thought then and do still that she was the finest, most skilled player I had ever seen.

Reaction Score
I had the pleasure of being in Hartford to watch Maya Moore (Griner's soph year; Maya was a frosh??). I thought then and do still that she was the finest, most skilled player I had ever seen.
Maya was a Senior.

Reaction Score
I agree that Maya is the best all-around player women's player ever. poetry in motion.

I love EDD's game, but it's a bit situational. She does certain things in certain situations and is entirely unstoppable when she can pick those spots. Maya can do anything--offensively and defensively--at anytime and creates her own situations.

D is the greatest player ever, but Maya is the best, if you know what I mean.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
As for EDD, she's playing here in DC and has been injured much of the season. She suffers from chronic issues related to Lyme Disease as well. My thought about her is that (at the moment) she is a somewhat diminished player . . .

Diminished from when? Her numbers this year are in line with her career averages.

It's just the way it is - she is injury-prone in addition to having to manage the chronic Lyme symptoms.

Btw, I agree that Maya is the best currently. Others will put up more impressive stats at times but when the chips are down Maya is consistently excellent.

She's sort of like Lebron that way. Lebron coasts through the regular season but when the games really matter, he's a monster.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I agree that Maya is the best all-around player women's player ever. poetry in motion.

I love EDD's game, but it's a bit situational. She does certain things in certain situations and is entirely unstoppable when she can pick those spots. Maya can do anything--offensively and defensively--at anytime and creates her own situations.

D is the greatest player ever, but Maya is the best, if you know what I mean.

Don't think you can divide those 2. And there are flat out, hands down things DT can do that Maya cannot as an individual and DT still makes others better far better than Maya.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom