PTI guys gushing about Jalen's behind the back alley-oop | The Boneyard

PTI guys gushing about Jalen's behind the back alley-oop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wilbon about the pass: "You have never seen this before and you will never see this again."

Still don't know how Jalen was not ranked in the top 10 in his class.

Kitaman please don't comment here... keep your thoughts about Ben Gordon and Purvis being point guards and Terrance being as athletic as Jalen to yourself.

Reaction Score
Not exactly two guys I'd want praise from, but I'm with you about his ranking.

Even more comical is 247 claiming there are 46 guys in 2015 better than Jalen.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

What's even sadder is Simon is ranked a spot ahead and Mitchell is at 31. Adams is the leader, the go to guy among them. But he's lower... Sureeee

Reaction Score
Where is the video of this alley? I've only seen the windmill dunk.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
noeynox said:
Where is the video of this alley? I've only seen the windmill dunk.
image.png

Reaction Score
The pass was absolutely ridiculous! Perfectly placed behind the back from half court is crazy! If the kid on the end of it makes the dunk itd be a candidate for play of the year at the espys. If you care about or watch that crap.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The pass was absolutely ridiculous! Perfectly placed behind the back from half court is crazy! If the kid on the end of it makes the dunk itd be a candidate for play of the year at the espys. If you care about or watch that crap.
No, just no

Reaction Score
Wilbon about the pass: "You have never seen this before and you will never see this again."

Still don't know how Jalen was not ranked in the top 10 in his class.

Kitaman please don't comment here... keep your thoughts about Ben Gordon and Purvis being point guards and Terrance being as athletic as Jalen to yourself.

Uconn had a quarterback a few years ago whose youtube went viral for throwing tricks yet he did not lead them to a BCS bowl. Lets temper are expectations of this kid a little. It takes more than an alley-oop pass to be one of the 10 best senior players in the country.

Reaction Score
Uconn had a quarterback a few years ago whose youtube went viral for throwing tricks yet he did not lead them to a BCS bowl. Lets temper are expectations of this kid a little. It takes more than an alley-oop pass to be one of the 10 best senior players in the country.

Everyone, stop being optimistic or happy about next year's prospects! Captain buzzkill the pessimist is here to tell everyone why they should never ever think positive thoughts or postulate on next season unless its doom and gloom

as you were

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
have you seen his game footage and read the reviews? also how he can't wait to get here... the kid is good as advertised and i would never compare a uconn guard to a uconn QB(who wasn't even in a game)

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

they did say kemba might be the best tournament player ever (from beginning of the year to end of the year(

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
That pass takes some serious strength. Wow.

Amida is drooling.

Reaction Score
Odell Beckham is winning the nxt play of the year award. It's alreay decided.

But even if it didn't happen, a dead ball, around chuck, during a high school basketball game, is NEVER going to win a play of the year award. C'mon man.

Reaction Score
That pass takes some serious strength. Wow.

Amida is drooling.
If your playing with a great passer ,you better work on being a good receiver.
Those laser like passes that hit you in the face ( or elsewhere ) are embarrassing

Reaction Score
If you knew the game better you would know that, quite frankly, that's a low percentage pass. I took some heat last week when I observed that it was safer to throw a chest pass than a behind the back lob from 40 feet. A lot of people have been asking me to break down my analysis and I will but I don't have time right now. I'm having lunch with Red Auerbach.

Reaction Score
If you knew the game better you would know that, quite frankly, that's a low percentage pass. I took some heat last week when I observed that it was safer to throw a chest pass than a behind the back lob from 40 feet. A lot of people have been asking me to break down my analysis and I will but I don't have time right now. I'm having lunch with Red Auerbach.
Quite frankly, this type of thing will impress the casual fan - and yes we need them to fill the seats. From a coach's perspective it is unnecessary and brings more risk into the play than is necessary. However, I think this kid can play and he is definitely a winner.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/jalen-adams-behind-the-back-alley-oop.73962/#post-1255239

Reaction Score
have you seen his game footage and read the reviews? also how he can't wait to get here... the kid is good as advertised and i would never compare a uconn guard to a uconn QB(who wasn't even in a game)

You're taking me way out of context. I've followed him for a few years now. Only a handful of kids a year are a guarantee to be stars. No point in anointing him for one alley-oop pass. Not saying it wasn't dope....but c'mon now. Just because the other top ten kids can only throw behind the back alley-oop passes to chairs doesn't make them that much worse.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
You're taking me way out of context. I've followed him for a few years now. Only a handful of kids a year are a guarantee to be stars. No point in anointing him for one alley-oop pass. Not saying it wasn't dope....but c'mon now. Just because the other top ten kids can only throw behind the back alley-oop passes to chairs doesn't make them that much worse.
lol no one is anointing him anything from this video... the kid continues to impress with his game and highlights... no need to be a buzzkill

Reaction Score
Wish I could find that clip of Caron with the behind the back to T-Rob against PC. @tcf15 you know which one I'm talking about?

Reaction Score
lol no one is anointing him anything from this video... the kid continues to impress with his game and highlights... no need to be a buzzkill

Whatever, you're going to polarize everything I say. This is the boneyard after all. No winning with you. I get you're desperation for a savior, but the kid is ranked by everyone in a certain area for a reason. I don't disagree he should be higher ranked than he is and he may be amazing next year, but he's likely not going to pull a Kevin Durant act. Not a buzzkill, just rational. Ollie never should have called Purvis a Ferrari, Calhoun never should have said Deng was the best player on the team, you never should have been obstinate with me that I was foolish for not considering the kid to be a savior because of one alley-oop pass. Go ride your high horse if you need to, I'm just keeping it real. He's going to be a freshman.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Had to be a bit messy, no?

WaxModel_DecompBody_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member