PSA vs. Cushing 1/13/2016 | The Boneyard

PSA vs. Cushing 1/13/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is Diallo #3? If that is him, I hope he gets the extracurricular shoving out of his system. Only watched about 90 seconds and saw him shove two people.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Some thoughts....
MAL: Impressed me the most of the three. Every time he gets the ball something good happens. Can beat his man and finish at the rim or pull up from mid-range. His form is a little unorthodox, but he was 4 for 6 from three (He hit 3 in rhythm, then had to force some when his team got down in the 2nd half). When he was taking good shots the ball his the absolute bottom of the net - I was impressed as he's not known as a particularly good shooter. He can make some nice passes and sees the court well. Handles the ball really well – even had a nice behind the back move to get away from a double team. Pretty complete performance. Only thing I wanted to see more of was his defense. He has all the tools to be good defender, but lost his man a couple times ball watching (he never picked up the opposing PG, always picked up the 2-guard) and played some ole D at times.

Diallo: Floated in and out of the game. In the first half he didn’t get the ball much and by the second half was pretty frustrated. At one point he’s calling for the ball, doesn’t get it, puts his hands on his hips and then misses a pass intended for him out of bounds – got pulled right away. After that he came in and took over for ~3 minutes. When he drives he creates contact, but he could finish better. Faded away a little too much. Ridiculous athlete - had a couple big dunks, but didn't score as many as I thought he would. Even though he didn’t play great, you can just see his potential … he’s going to be really really good.

Diarra: There’s no way he can play 5, but Jeff Adrien comparisons aren’t too far off. He really crashes boards. Goes up strong, but isn’t a particularly great finisher yet. Has a nice drop step to either side but always uses his right hand to shoot, and he’s much more effective when he goes up with two hands. He won’t get plays called for him until his offense develops, but there is one thing I really liked seeing from this game: he sets hard screens, seals his man, and then crashes the board. With a guard coming hard off his screen he’s there for the dump off/alley-oop or to clean up a miss or is already in good rebounding position if there’s a kick-out. Setting screens and rebounding might get Diarra minutes early as he improves other aspects of his game.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Is it weird that 4 of the 5 PSA starters have long johns on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom