P's Tenure | The Boneyard

P's Tenure

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I am starting to hear from sources Coach P is done. After Michigan game unless he turns things around.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Kind of makes you torn, doesn't it? Knowing that if we lose the next two games, we get to can PP but I'd still rather win those two games...

Still, operating in a world of reality, this could be the best "news" I've heard in a while.

Reaction Score
Kind of makes you torn, doesn't it? Knowing that if we lose the next two games, we get to can PP but I'd still rather win those two games...

Still, operating in a world of reality, this could be the best "news" I've heard in a while.

It would be much better for the school if UConn won one of these games.

As long as P. is fired at some point after Xmas at the latest.

Reaction Score
I feel better going into this game than I did the Towson game. I think the kid's are going to be up big time for this game.

Being home with my first "gout attack" I got to watch the Towson game. In spurts we did some nice things. The biggest thing is I saw team playing with no emotion which is kind of crazy for the first game of the year and that lies squarely at the feet of the HC. Even Hemmingway had several nice plays pass blocking where he showed outstanding feet and athletic ability. Kid needs 20 lbs though.

Long story short, I think were going to see a fired up team this Saturday night. I hope the home crowd is up to the task as well, a tall order after the debacle.

Reaction Score
As much as I wish it were so, I don't believe it for a minute. College coaches don't get fired mid-season. I won't say it never happened, but it is as rare as upstater and I agreeing on something. The decision not to bring him back might be finalized, but it won't be public and he won't be fired until November. Even then he'll mostlikely coach out the season.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I want the team to be 2-1 AND fire PP after Michigan. Is that possible?? If I had to pick between 2-1 but PP/GDL stays through the season or 0-3 and PP/GDL are gone, I'd take 2-1 and fire PP/GDL after the season. UCONN needs to show it can compete against these types of teams on the field in order to be taken seriously in CR.

As for the crowd, I think it will be enthused in the early going. We all know the crowd will arrive late and be at its fullest and loudest in the 2nd quarter so I hope UCONN is playing more spirited to keep the halftime socialites interested longer into the second half to keep the noise levels up longer.

Reaction Score
I doubt it's finalized. A winning season would bring him back. I admit the odds are not in his favor for it to happen, but I think these kids are going to show some real pride in this program starting saturday night.

Reaction Score
I am starting to hear from sources Coach P is done. After Michigan game unless he turns things around.

Did Larry McHugh leave the Board of Trustees?

Reaction Score
The voice of reason says he will not win 7 games. However the Rockstar will know early and have interviews by 12/10 with a new coach by Christmas. NO WAY Susan lets him go before game 12!!!!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We would have to get embarrassed to the point of humiliation by both Maryland and Michigan for this to be a possibility and even that may not get it done.

I want P gone but I can wait for the season to end and I will root for victories (as unlikely a possibility as they may be in most games) in every game along the way.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'd like the team to go 12-1. I'd also like PP to be fired at the earliest convienence. Either option is a win in my book.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
of course I (we all) would take 12-1, and I would apologize profusely about being so wrong, I would admit to being a complete idiot and I would promise to never question anything PP ever did for s long as I live

Reaction Score
I can see Warde being mad if we get blown out the next 2 games and telling P he is done after the season...but to fire him in season without a scandal seems to be a bit of stretch. Thing I want to know is this..if indeed it is true what becomes of GDL? Does he go as well?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I can see Warde being mad if we get blown out the next 2 games and telling P he is done after the season...but to fire him in season without a scandal seems to be a bit of stretch. Thing I want to know is this..if indeed it is true what becomes of GDL? Does he go as well?
P resigns, GDL takes over...

luke_NOOOOOO.jpeg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Did Larry McHugh leave the Board of Trustees?

I just did a quick Google search to try to find out. I think he's still the Chair through 2017. This is from an article from 2011: http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2011/05/mchugh-approved-for-new-term-as-uconn-board-chair/ ...

Lawrence D. McHugh, chair of the UConn Board of Trustees since 2009, was confirmed May 25 by the state House of Representatives for a full six-year term as board chair. Gov. Malloy nominated him for the new term earlier this year. McHugh was originally nominated by then-Gov. Rell to complete the unexpired term of the previous chairman, Jack Rowe.

Reaction Score
If Warde decides that he has seen enough of P it makes sense to pull the trigger at that point and not wait until the end of the season, post Michigan is the perfect time to do it. Give TJ an opportunity to show what he can do, if something sparks and TJ goes on a winning streak and the team is responding to his leadership, then he should be one of the finalists for the job.

Reaction Score
I think PP and GDL at one time were conjoined twins attached at the hip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom