Providence got so close to the Final Four | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Providence got so close to the Final Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
PC was banged up in the first game; uconn in the second...both games went to OT. Not sure either has an edge yet. Time will tell
Providence has 13 wins and 23 losses in the Big East under Cooley. KO went 20-10 in his first year as a head coach AND beat PC without Giffey, Olander and Calhoun who were out due to injury, and Wolf who was suspended.

KO has the edge by any objective measure.

Reaction Score
With a depleted roster to start this season, and all the injuries/suspension that ended the season, one has to easily give the edge to Ollie this year.
Both teams have most coming back and some interesting recruits coming in. But, with UMD, BC, Indiana, Washington & Texas as OOC opponents, I doubt UConn & PC play in 2013-14.
Both teams will have their 7-8 cupcakes in Nov./Dec. with the conference schedule dominating in Jan/Feb., I doubt UConn would make room for PC this upcoming season. I'm sure we'll play once or twice between now and 2020. That's the way it's going to be from now on.

Reaction Score
With a depleted roster to start this season, and all the injuries/suspension that ended the season, one has to easily give the edge to Ollie this year.
Both teams have most coming back and some interesting recruits coming in. But, with UMD, BC, Indiana, Washington & Texas as OOC opponents, I doubt UConn & PC play in 2013-14.
Both teams will have their 7-8 cupcakes in Nov./Dec. with the conference schedule dominating in Jan/Feb., I doubt UConn would make room for PC this upcoming season. I'm sure we'll play once or twice between now and 2020. That's the way it's going to be from now on.

Agree to disagree about who had bigger obstacles to overcome. I think each have room to schedule another tough OOC game b/s the conference gauntlet won't be as strenuous. But that's just me.

Reaction Score
Can UConn & PC just not play ever again? This way we don't need to have these ongoing threads that just lead to the same arguments, over & over & over.... This way there are no more complaints from either side.

Reaction Score
To be fair, the bulk of them have been started by UConn fans.

Reaction Score
To be fair, the bulk of them have been started by UConn fans.

What? Maybe on the UConn Boneyard site, but isn't that logical? Look at their board and you'll see all the cheap shots at UConn over there. Then again, why bother! Seems like they don't let strangers on their site, esp. those with UConn in their sign-on name. OR they have banned some of our posters...

Reaction Score
You can't be surprised Providence fans come here when we have like 10 threads discussing Providence... It's not like they're coming here themselves and starting all these threads.

Reaction Score
WHat you dont understand is that ShamGod is also a playground legend. Guys like Kenny Smith regard him as having the best handle in the modern game. Council is a loss, however, Dunn has been playing much better and Ledo is a difference maker. PC returns the BE leading scorer, most improved player and adds a top 50 frosh. Add in the transfers and PC has depth. Something they havent had in a while.

BTW, Baylor played in the NIT a few years back as a young team and followed it up with an Elite 8 run.

God Shammgod ... is like the favorite name ever for the guys I took the Semi's of the Big East tourney for several years. They know nothing about CBB or Playground legends; they just know a really pretentious name when they hear it.

Reaction Score
What? Maybe on the UConn Boneyard site, but isn't that logical? Look at their board and you'll see all the cheap shots at UConn over there. Then again, why bother! Seems like they don't let strangers on their site, esp. those with UConn in their sign-on name. OR they have banned some of our posters...

Plenty of fans from other programs; including UConn. Even if you have the worlds largest picture of Kemba walker in your signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom