Proud of this team | The Boneyard

Proud of this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Me too.

They had a great run in March. Hamilton, Adams, and Purvis grew up a lot. And as much as the refs were beyond awful, Kansas was clearly the better team, and we needed our best to beat them. (and they needed to not be at their best.)

This was a season of growth. Next season, with an improved Adams, Hamilton..Purvis off the bench..and hopefully improved Brimah, we should be a very good team.

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
This team out kicked their coverage. Sucks they lost but better than that expected at the start of the year. Lingering effect of KO 1 year contract and APR. next year we're back!

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Team fought hard tonight. Many teams would have packed it up at the half. We fought. One game shy of the Sweet 16 most thought was appropriate for this team. Good season all in all. Look forward to next year.

Reaction Score
Crazy game, I knew it wasn't over at halftime but man it was scary in the 2nd half. I'd love to see UConn in the B12 soon.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I agree. Actually a good end to the season even though a lose. Kansas was much better than I thought. First time seeing them play. Michigan State beat them? MS had to be real good. Up to their lose of course. Congrats dogs. Up and down season but show what your really made of. Cannot wait until next year.What sucks is they play Hawaii tournament. Difficult to make that. Nice job KO, see ya next year.

Reaction Score
I'm very proud of this team and they gave a lot of joy to Huskies fans this past week and a half. I'm sorry to see Omar, Phil. Sterling and Shonn leave but they will always Bleed Blue! Thanks!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
In January if you said UConn was going to have 25 wins I would have laughed in your face.
This team was a disappointment to many but those are the people who had sky high visions and couldn't see - even in the first exhibition - that this was an engine that had lots of parts but for the most part those parts didn't fit together. It also was missing the biggest part (an effective inside game)
When things were bad, it got sooooooo easy for many on this board to blame KO, as if KO was sitting back and liked what he saw and didn't give a rats azzzz The KO haters on this board are just plain insane.
These are the same glass half empty dolts who get on the chat room and the minute UConn falls behind is dissing every player, the coach, the crowd, etc.

I am proud what this team has done since the AAC tournament. This team has good players but it needs good big players. Unfortunately, barring a miracle, I don't think AB is the answer.

25 wins is nothing to bemoan - could there have been more? but there could have been fewer

I am a big DHam fan (I don't care if anyone chuckles) I think this kid has so much upside. If you call what he had this year as a sophomore slump, there are a ton of high level coaches out there who would take him in a heartbeat. I cannot wait for him to return next year.
I have become a huge RP fan - he used to make me shake my head but after really watching him and trying to get an understanding of his game - I will be very very disappointed if he does not return.
I think JA has a huge upside but I am afraid his physical stature will hold him down some. I am convinced he is a gamer and will be exciting to watch.
While many dislike KF, I think if used in correct role, can be a real asset.
SE needs to work on his footwork and offense - he has the body that we want - does he have the desire to excel?
Larrier, Gilbert and Diarra are the keys next year
I feel Larrier will fill in for SM and provide more offense and rebounding
Gilbert intrigues me - if he is the pure PG most say he is - I'd give him the ball - that will force JA to mature quicker or accept a different role - this team needs a pure PG
Diarra (sic) - if he improves his game while keeping that motor running - wow

No room for Sam Jr - sorry - just not needed
AB - if he cannot come back with a proven improvement in his hands, footwork and offensive skills - I am fine with a limited role. Can't waste any time on a senior but he is a GREAT cheerleader.
Jackson - understands he can shoot but needs to improve physically and on defensive end - don't know what he will bring but maybe a pleasant surprise
Durham - heard lots of great things but maybe should redshirt

Need to get one big body - 5th yr or juco - fine but UConn needs one next yr

THANKS KO and team for what I consider a decent 2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members