Proud of this team! | The Boneyard

Proud of this team!

pj

Reaction Score
We'll win a lot more than 20 next year. Mark my words.

Reaction Score
For the past 3 years I’ve gotten along by “moral victories” and “good tries”. I’m happy we played well with being down 2 (and for sometime 3) of our best players. But for the past 1,000 days now it’s getting a little old. I’ve been with my fiancé for 4 years now, and she’s never been excited with UConn basketball and flat out refuses to watch or go to any games with me, simply because it isn’t fun. Maybe I’m just reaching my tipping point with frustration and turning senile at the ripe young age of 31. But for the past three years knowing there’s a ~50% chance of being excited after a game has taken its toll.

Reaction Score
Proud of what? That’s the problem with the current Uconn fans. You accept the continuous embarrassing losses to teams the likes of Houston, Tulsa, UCF, South Florida, etc...There is nothing to be proud of here. We don’t give out trophies at Uconn for participating. When we go 16-2 in this conference of teams that shouldn’t even be in the same room with our basketball championships and dominance, then you can be “proud”.

Reaction Score
For the past 3 years I’ve gotten along by “moral victories” and “good tries”. I’m happy we played well with being down 2 (and for sometime 3) of our best players. But for the past 1,000 days now it’s getting a little old. I’ve been with my fiancé for 4 years now, and she’s never been excited with UConn basketball and flat out refuses to watch or go to any games with me, simply because it isn’t fun. Maybe I’m just reaching my tipping point with frustration and turning senile at the ripe young age of 31. But for the past three years knowing there’s a ~50% chance of being excited after a game has taken its toll.
They just gave a team that has only lost one game all year one of the toughest games they played all year. Also didn’t have our two best players. This team will be fine role players gaining confidence team doesn’t quit in due time no one will want to play this team.

Reaction Score
I'm not proud of losing.

This team plays hard. They don't give up. But they have shown they are good enough to win and they don't. They could have won many more games including tonight if they performed well. They perform well enough to lose.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Proud of what? That’s the problem with the current Uconn fans. You accept the continuous embarrassing losses to teams the likes of Houston, Tulsa, UCF, South Florida, etc...There is nothing to be proud of here. We don’t give out trophies at Uconn for participating. When we go 16-2 in this conference of teams that shouldn’t even be in the same room with our basketball championships and dominance, then you can be “proud”.

Yes, we should all be miserable because a team of marginally talented guys who've no business being in a game with a Top 10 team put in a good effort.

Need I remind that we had no real PG except for an A-10 6th man?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm not proud of losing.

This team plays hard. They don't give up. But they have shown they are good enough to win and they don't. They could have won many more games including tonight if they performed well. They perform well enough to lose.

How was their PG situation tonight?

Also, winning is a habit, we've been losing for years. You don't break that in year 1.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
There's healthy pride and unhealthy pride. You sound like someone holding out until you can roll with the latter.

Reaction Score
Maybe sports just aren't for you.

Reaction Score
Yes, we should all be miserable because a team of marginally talented guys who've no business being in a game with a Top 10 team put in a good effort.

Need I remind that we had no real PG except for an A-10 6th man?
Really we had no business playing well or winning against Houston tonight? We started both halves asleep, 0 points to 7, 14 points to 0 for the game, I will never be a happy loser.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
So, you don't acknowledge progress? Just keep hanging your head and complaining until we suddenly become great and win a national championship. Nice...enjoy.

Reaction Score
People think we can go from lack of talent lack of effort lack of coaching lack of leadership for two straight years to all of a sudden winning 30 games in one year. Be patient we will be back! Hurley is building something here and he is putting the foundation in place he is developing players and the effort is 100 times better then the last couple years.

Reaction Score
Could this team be worse next year?
Only way I see that happening is if we have more catastrophic injuries. Kids will be further along in their development, we will be another year into the culture change, and most importantly we'll have more talent. My guess is we'll be better but still with plenty of growing pains and frustration, the year after is where I expect us to be very good.

Reaction Score

Hardooooo.

Reaction Score
For some reason, I was pleasantly surprised with how “well” we played tonight. Pretty much even in first half and battled back from 16 down in second half to keep things interesting. I thought we were going to get blasted. Can u imagine last few games if we had Jalen and AG? Sid Carlton and Polley all showing progress. Very impressed with Carlton’s defense tonight and Sid showing That he’s going to be a big player for us soon. Don’t let AG and Adams come back for this aac tourney. Things cud get interesting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom