Proud of this team | The Boneyard

Proud of this team

Reaction Score
Hi everyone! Although this is my first post, I've been a dedicated fan since '95 and *may* have "lurked" on this board for quite a few years--haha ;) Although the season didn't end with a NC, as a fan, I couldn't be prouder of the team. Aside from achieving a perfect regular season, they handled this loss with grace and maturity. They are wonderful role models and ambassadors for the game.

This particular game reminded me so much of the national semi in 2012 where the team was so close to winning in regulation (with 15 sec to go: Kelly stole the inbounds pass and almost had the And 1; then Natalie Novosel had the offensive board and put back to send the game to OT). Although that game also resulted in a loss, it was exciting for women's bb even though it depressed our fanbase. I remember wondering if UCONN could EVER get over this hump--I mean, it was now TWO years in a row that they lost in the national semis!!!(wow, we are spoiled! lol) But before you knew it, the team returned to their winning ways in historical fashion :)

Sometimes it's hard to see the forest for the trees, but this team will be "ok" (huge understatement) in the long run...and well all know it. Coach A will continue to recruit and develop dynamic players whose work ethic and skill will always put them in a position to win a NC. So instead of focusing on all the negatives, I want to congratulate Kia and Gabby for all that they did for the team and university over the past four years. It's been an amazing ride!! Best of luck to them in the future, in both basketball and beyond!

Lastly, congrats to ND for playing a terrific game and best of luck to them and Miss State. Just like our team, those young ladies dedicate so much time and effort for the game they love. They've worked so hard for this and should be congratulated, too.

"In a world where you can be anything...be KIND"

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Hi everyone! Although this is my first post, I've been a dedicated fan since '95 and *may* have "lurked" on this board for quite a few years--haha ;) Although the season didn't end with a NC, as a fan, I couldn't be prouder of the team. Aside from achieving a perfect regular season, they handled this loss with grace and maturity. They are wonderful role models and ambassadors for the game.

This particular game reminded me so much of the national semi in 2012 where the team was so close to winning in regulation (with 15 sec to go: Kelly stole the inbounds pass and almost had the And 1; then Natalie Novosel had the offensive board and put back to send the game to OT). Although that game also resulted in a loss, it was exciting for women's bb even though it depressed our fanbase. I remember wondering if UCONN could EVER get over this hump--I mean, it was now TWO years in a row that they lost in the national semis!!!(wow, we are spoiled! lol) But before you knew it, the team returned to their winning ways in historical fashion :)

Sometimes it's hard to see the forest for the trees, but this team will be "ok" (huge understatement) in the long run...and well all know it. Coach A will continue to recruit and develop dynamic players whose work ethic and skill will always put them in a position to win a NC. So instead of focusing on all the negatives, I want to congratulate Kia and Gabby for all that they did for the team and university over the past four years. It's been an amazing ride!! Best of luck to them in the future, in both basketball and beyond!

Lastly, congrats to ND for playing a terrific game and best of luck to them and Miss State. Just like our team, those young ladies dedicate so much time and effort for the game they love. They've worked so hard for this and should be congratulated, too.

"In a world where you can be anything...be KIND"
Great first post. Keep em coming.

Reaction Score
Absolutely agree that this team was terrific, and best of luck to the ladies that are fighting it out in the finals tomorrow. Though I don’t have it in me to watch!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom