• Reminder: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

There’s a link in the top navigation bar for Amazon.com. Purchases made via this link help support The Boneyard. (Dismiss this notice by clicking the x at the top right of the box)

OT: Protocol for Random Car Parked in Front of House

I live in Stamford, CT. I just moved into a house 3 weeks ago. This past week there has been a 2016 GMC Sierra Denali parked right out in front of my house. It does not belong to my neighbor, and my neighbor said it parks there periodically for weeks at a time.

I want to call the police but I don't want to be that guy even though I do want to be that guy.

Any suggestions? Any cops out there with some advice?

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
I live in Stamford, CT. I just moved into a house 3 weeks ago. This past week there has been a 2016 GMC Sierra Denali parked right out in front of my house. It does not belong to my neighbor, and my neighbor said it parks there periodically for weeks at a time.

I want to call the police but I don't want to be that guy even though I do want to be that guy.

Any suggestions? Any cops out there with some advice?

Have you considered sneaking out at night and letting the air out of all four tires? The owner would never park there again.

Dove

I am currently in migrant caravan #2.
Just be that guy. Maybe throw some bagged cocaine into the back of it? Call the cops.

This happened many years ago, a car always parked in front a someone else's house. The homeowner took the case to the mayor and he had public works put a "No Parking" sign in front of the person's house. Problem solved. Maybe you could put your own sign up.

Rico444

Strive for Five
This happened to me a year or two back. An old car just appeared in front of my house one day. After a few days, I asked some of my neighbors about it, and they had no clue where it came from. The car didn't move for a week, so I called the cops to ask them what the protocol. They said they would send an officer out, who spent about 30 seconds looking at it before tagging it and driving off without asking me anything. It was gone within 24 hours.