Protective Head Gear II | The Boneyard

Protective Head Gear II

Reaction Score
Headgear won't help with a concussion. The problem is the brain bouncing around inside the skull. That's the trauma.

Reaction Score
Headgear won't help with a concussion. The problem is the brain bouncing around inside the skull. That's the trauma.
She seems to have an injury separate from the concussion that is external around the head/neck that was an issue before the concussion ever occurred.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Which governing body are you referring to?
And would you please provide the specific rule that prohibits head gear.
Read the article.

Or this one: This Muslim basketball player refused to take off her hijab, opening new doors for athletes of other faiths

Or read this one: NCAA committee clarifies headgear issue

And I said nothing about prohibiting head gear. I'm simply pointing out that male run basketball governing bodies are notorious about ignoring women and addressing health issues.

Reaction Score
I believe that there is conflicting evidence on your assertion.
Some of the evidence says head gear will help, other evidence says no.
In any event would it hurt to wear it with the potential that it would help?

Reaction Score
Bicyclists wear a bicycle helmet to absorb impact of blows to head when hitting road/ground, it doesn't impede them from cycling. Does it protect 100% against injury? No, but it helps some. The foam rubber on the inside that makes contact with the skull can crumple and absorb some of the force from a blow. For someone who has history of head blows and concussions, to be helped some rather than nothing at all would be a plus. Who knows, if she was wearing the equivalent of a bike helmet today, the blow to the head from Aaliyah might not have affected her very much. Speculation, though, on my part.

Reaction Score
Bicyclists wear a bicycle helmet to absorb impact of blows to head when hitting road/ground, it doesn't impede them from cycling. Does it protect 100% against injury? No, but it helps some. The foam rubber on the inside that makes contact with the skull can crumple and absorb some of the force from a blow. For someone who has history of head blows and concussions, to be helped some rather than nothing at all would be a plus. Who knows, if she was wearing the equivalent of a bike helmet today, the blow to the head from Aaliyah might not have affected her very much. Speculation, though, on my part.
It might have cut AE though. If her head can't take the hit then she needs to set until she is healed. The one thing she could do is wear a soft pad similar to a headband. It would give her contact support without posing a danger to other players.

Reaction Score
I covered a girls soccer goalie who wore one of these.

Reaction Score
Read the article.

Or this one: This Muslim basketball player refused to take off her hijab, opening new doors for athletes of other faiths

Or read this one: NCAA committee clarifies headgear issue

And I said nothing about prohibiting head gear. I'm simply pointing out that male run basketball governing bodies are notorious about ignoring women and addressing health issues.
Thanks for the link.
As we have all come to know the NCAA‘s top concern is the well being and safety of its student atheletes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom