Prospects who commit early quickly turn into top recruiters for their new schools | The Boneyard

Prospects who commit early quickly turn into top recruiters for their new schools

Reaction Score
We know this happens but this was a good read about the practice. Is there anything Sean Miller doesn't do in recruiting (legal and illegal)?

"[Arizona coach] Sean Miller wanted me to commit [early]," Terry explained Sunday, a few minutes after completing camp at the United States Olympic & Paralympic Training Center. "[The staff] wanted me to commit early because they knew I could get guys. So they told me a bunch of guys [to target], and then I came back [to them] with even more guys. We had a conversation about who to get at; I was just mentioning a lot of players. And they were saying, 'Can we get them?' And I was like, 'Yeah, you can get them.' So I'm gonna keep recruiting them."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kemba hitting that long step back 2 in Elite 8 was the greatest shot ever

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Wait... wouldn't a recruit who is not yet enrolled, who engaged in recruiting type tactics and even went so far as to discuss specific targets with the coaching staff be considered a booster? This sounds like a death penalty level violation to me.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Missing the illegal part here?

It's not here. It's the paying players part. Hooper's merely pointing out that Miller plays all the angles.

Reaction Score
This is pretty standard. It happens everywhere including other sports and professional sports

Reaction Score
aside from springs, based on everything thats been posted here recently it seems like we have a long way to go with our 6 remaining top150 targets...i'll be happy if we get one commitment (jackson?) through the early signing period

6 top150 targets= thomas, lane, jackson, ware, cliff, cardwell...

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom