Prospects Nations has a blurb on Kia Nurse | The Boneyard

Prospects Nations has a blurb on Kia Nurse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
They like her -- a lot -- but she's not in the top 150 because she's from Canada. LINK

"I’m remixing this question and picking a player who isn’t in the ELITE 150 but will be coming to a college campus soon -- Kia Nurse, the 5-11 Canadian combo guard. I know Nurse isn’t in the ELITE 150, but if she had been born a couple hours south she would easily be a top 25 caliber prospect, and in a lot of ways she doesn’t get the respect that she deserves because she is from north of the border. Nurse is the definition of a physical guard and has matched that physical nature with a lethal mid-range jumper and court savvy to be envious of. She is a fun kid to watch play the game because more than anything she just wants to win. She isn’t selfish, she is selfless; a trait that many American players with her talent level seem to lack. While Nurse already is a special talent I think the ability to play on and off the ball and learn to control the tempo of the game while still leading her team in multiple statistical categories something that she can reach in the not to distant future. If she is able to get there she is potentially a player we will talk about for years to come."

I can see why there's all the interest in her.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They like her -- a lot -- but she's not in the top 150 because she's from Canada. LINK

"I’m remixing this question and picking a player who isn’t in the ELITE 150 but will be coming to a college campus soon -- Kia Nurse, the 5-11 Canadian combo guard. I know Nurse isn’t in the ELITE 150, but if she had been born a couple hours south she would easily be a top 25 caliber prospect, and in a lot of ways she doesn’t get the respect that she deserves because she is from north of the border. Nurse is the definition of a physical guard and has matched that physical nature with a lethal mid-range jumper and court savvy to be envious of. She is a fun kid to watch play the game because more than anything she just wants to win. She isn’t selfish, she is selfless; a trait that many American players with her talent level seem to lack. While Nurse already is a special talent I think the ability to play on and off the ball and learn to control the tempo of the game while still leading her team in multiple statistical categories something that she can reach in the not to distant future. If she is able to get there she is potentially a player we will talk about for years to come."

I can see why there's all the interest in her.
Sounds good. BUT is she 5-11 or 6-0??? Inquiring and bored waiting for the season minds want to know.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Sounds good. BUT is she 5-11 or 6-0??? Inquiring and bored waiting for the season minds want to know.
Since you ask, after a quick scan of free sources and articles, I can definitively say she is between 5-9.7 and 6.0 feet tall, though a statement from the Toronto Globe and Maill indicates there may be some movement on the matter. The average seems to be 5-11, though only Prospects Nation of the free sources cites her at that height. The rundown (or up) is:

Scoresway: 177 cm converts to 5-9.7
FIBA: 5-10
US Basket: 5-10
Prospects Nation: 5-11
Wildcats Recruits: 6-0
Crown Scout: 6-0
Huskerhoop: 6-0
thestar.com: about 6 feet tall
Globe and Mail: closing in on 6 feet

In addition, Darnell Nurse of the Edmonton Oilers is described as being 6-5, and Kia is cited as his "little sister," though exactly how much littler is not mentioned.

So inquiring minds can move from being bored to incredibly animated now that that the issue has been definitively and ambiguously resolved.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Since you ask, after a quick scan of free sources and articles, I can definitively say she is between 5-9.7 and 6.0 feet tall, though a statement from the Toronto Globe and Maill indicates there may be some movement on the matter. The average seems to be 5-11, though only Prospects Nation of the free sources cites her at that height. The rundown (or up) is:

Scoresway: 177 cm converts to 5-9.7
FIBA: 5-10
US Basket: 5-10
Prospects Nation: 5-11
Wildcats Recruits: 6-0
Crown Scout: 6-0
Huskerhoop: 6-0
thestar.com: about 6 feet tall
Globe and Mail: closing in on 6 feet

In addition, Darnell Nurse of the Edmonton Oilers is described as being 6-5, and Kia is cited as his "little sister," though exactly how much littler is not mentioned.

So inquiring minds can move from being bored to incredibly animated now that that the issue has been definitively and ambiguously resolved.
Thank you, I've been stressing about this all morning.

However, we can now take it to its "logical" (as if) conclusion.

Average for all sources is 71.13" - just a "smidgen" over 5-11.

However if we go Olympic style and discount the high and low (due to those damn commies), we come up with 71.21". Which changes everything. Now we are talking 5-11 and 1/5. And don't get us BYers started on a fifth. No telling what will happen then.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Thank you, I've been stressing about this all morning.

However, we can now take it to its "logical" (as if) conclusion.

Average for all sources is 71.13" - just a "smidgen" over 5-11.

However if we go Olympic style and discount the high and low (due to those damn commies), we come up with 71.21". Which changes everything. Now we are talking 5-11 and 1/5. And don't get us BYers started on a fifth. No telling what will happen then.

dobbs and meyers.....lmao..very funny stuff....no preseason for you two, right to mid season form. :D

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Surprisingly, I don't see the humor in their posts.
Why would anyone see any humor in a prospect's unfortunate lack of height? At 5-11 she will be sneered at as short, at 6-0 she will enter a whole new realm of possibilities. And if Kia comes to UConn and does all the stretching exercises recommended by Rosemary and the training crew, maybe we can get her to a totally respectable 6-2.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Why would anyone see any humor in a prospect's unfortunate lack of height? At 5-11 she will be sneered at as short, at 6-0 she will enter a whole new realm of possibilities. And if Kia comes to UConn and does all the stretching exercises recommended by Rosemary and the training crew, maybe we can get her to a totally respectable 6-2.
Surprisingly, I don't see the humor in your post.

And what IS a DobbsRover?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Surprisingly, I don't see the humor in your post.

And what IS a DobbsRover?
It's a bottle of liquid bile, but it has a hole in the bottom that's allowed most of the most caustic liquid to drain out. Humor is in the eye of the beholder and you can choose partake in preseason idiocy or not, just as I can misread the third letter in your description as a "u" instead of an "a."

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It's a bottle of liquid bile, but it has a hole in the bottom that's allowed most of the most caustic liquid to drain out. Humor is in the eye of the beholder and you can choose partake in preseason idiocy or not, just as I can misread the third letter in your description as a "u" instead of an "a."
My not finding the humor is my attempt at humor.

Lame, I know,

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
My not finding the humor is my attempt at humor.

Lame, I know,
Obviously you have just been around too many Nurses who reasonably don't find all the stuff connected with getting old to be that funny, and since I have a 96-year-old dad up in CT I can attest there's not much to laugh about there. But if this Nurse comes to UConn, I'm thinking that there are a bunch of us who will definitely get some jollies. The way she plays looks like Husky hard core.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Why would anyone see any humor in a prospect's unfortunate lack of height? At 5-11 she will be sneered at as short, at 6-0 she will enter a whole new realm of possibilities.
Absolutely. And according to someone on here (can't even remember who I was "discussing" this with), if she is 6-0, then she's a 3 instead of a 1/2. ;)

Reaction Score
Absolutely. And according to someone on here (can't even remember who I was "discussing" this with), if she is 6-0, then she's a 3 instead of a 1/2. ;)

if she wears heels she is a 6'4" post

Z
................. why don't pictures copy anymore ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom