Prospect Nations updated 2019 class

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
1. Nyah Green
2. Rickea Jackson
3. Jordan Horston
4. Sam Brunelle

Green is a Louisville commit. Jackson had a great summer and doesn’t surprise me she moved up.
Horston—don’t be known a lot about her but i wasn’t impressed by her USA basketball showing but hey, I’m no evaluator so!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
1. Nyah Green
2. Rickea Jackson
3. Jordan Horston
4. Sam Brunelle

Green is a Louisville commit. Jackson had a great summer and doesn’t surprise me she moved up.
Horston—don’t be known a lot about her but i wasn’t impressed by her USA basketball showing but hey, I’m no evaluator so!
No, you are not, which is why I'd value your input over theirs! LOL... ;) (well some of them at least)

Reaction Score
Extended to top 100.

Samantha Brunelle at #4

Check out the 3 in front of her.

Discuss?

2019 Players | Prospects Nation

sure doesn't match up with Hoopgurlz ratings in a number of instances which is par for the course...............2019 is still a little far off for these numbers to be that meaningful..............they can change by 5-25 spots up or down with the wink of an eye.................I haven't compared the numbers enough to determine who's more accurate.................I'd be interested to see if anybody else has.................I look at both and figure most recruits are somewhere in the middle

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Aliyah Boston up ten spots to #16. Course, she's ranked much higher everywhere else.

Haley Jones still #14.

Brunelle goes from #3 to #4 here after going from #5 to #1 at Blue Star. Go figure.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I need to pay more attention to HS hoops in WA. I knew about JaQuaya Miller (# 27 on this list) but I wasn't familiar w/ Brynna Maxwell (#65) or Grace Sarver (#86). It would be nice if the new UW coach can turn around the trend of all the top talent from the Puget Sound area going elsewhere for college.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I doubt that 2019 will be a big year for Baylor considering the last three classes, although Cox will be a senior so maybe another big. Hoping for Taylor Jones.

Reaction Score
I doubt that 2019 will be a big year for Baylor considering the last three classes, although Cox will be a senior so maybe another big. Hoping for Taylor Jones.

IMO when you have several years of classes of 4 or 5 you're essentially asking for transfers.

Baylor's Jr class have all left but Kalani Brown 1 0f 5 remain
2015 Class
Brown -
Mompremier - transfer Miami
Gulley - transfer don't remember where
Sczepanski Beavers - transfer North Texas
Dry - not playing bball last I saw doing ministry stuff or something

Kind of under reported story is the exodus. 3 of those occurred right after last season ended. Mass exodus might be showing an underlying problem kind of like KY and Duke with all their transfers in a short period.

Reaction Score
Ramani Parker 6'4" PF from Fresno, CA has the highest debut at #15. Only #58 by HoopGurlz (#28 by BlueStar) but while making the USA U16 finalists many said Parker was the best POWER forward at trials (Boston being a post and Brunelle a small forward).

Seems like UConn is not currently recruiting her. South Carolina, Baylor, & Notre Dame are interested (unsure which have offered) with Louisville recruiting her hard having offered earlier than others.

A wiry long 6'4" versatile power forward with plenty bounce. Like Aquira DeCosta the year before, I think she might venture out of Pac-12 territory.

Her AAU team does not play in the Nike EYBL thus had gone under the radar until USA Trials, but my guess is UConn is focusing on Laeticia Amihere first at this point in recruiting (?)

Reaction Score
Quick side notes:

–In video Jordan Horston looks like a blur. Can't imagine many if any in the class are as shifty and quick.

–U16 Team USA members Zia Cooke and Celeste Taylor surprisingly outside the top 40. They're both top 10 per Blue Starr & top 15 per HoopGurlz.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
IMO when you have several years of classes of 4 or 5 you're essentially asking for transfers.

2015 Class
Brown -

Kind of under reported story is the exodus. 3 of those occurred right after last season ended. Mass exodus might be showing an underlying problem kind of like KY and Duke with all their transfers in a short period.

This account is not entirely accurate. Gulley didn't transfer, but medically retired after years of knee injuries. Sczepanski was kicked off the team after the previous season for unknown violations of team rules. And Dry dropped basketball because it was clear that she was never going to get any meaningful playing time. Only Mompremier was a traditional transfer, presumably to get closer to home. Hardly a mass exodus.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Quick side notes:
–In video Jordan Horston looks like a blur. Can't imagine many if any in the class are as shifty and quick.
Have not seen anything linking Horston to UCONN. based on the quote below it looks like tOSU and UNC are in the drivers seat.

" Horston and her family grew up rooting for their hometown team, Ohio State, especially in football. But North Carolina figures to have an advantage with assistant coach Sylvia Crawley, whose cousin, Malika, is Jordan's mother. In fact, Crawley and Malika are quite close, and North Carolina was the first school to offer Horston a scholarship."

Women's basketball point guard prospect Jordan Horston puts passing over points

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm hoping to hear the same kind of chatter about Paige Bueckers. ;)
No you don't! You want to hear chatter that Page wants to leave home and come to UCONN. :cool:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

I was thinking about this the other day, and I actually think the out-transferring is fine and dandy with Mulkey and in fact it's part of her recruiting philosophy. She basically over-recruits on purpose, knowing darn well there will never be enough playing time for all of these players to thrive. Their first year or two at Baylor become essentially a very long and drawn-out winnowing process. In the end, Kalani Brown made the team and Mompremier didn't.

Big difference between Baylor and Kentucky. I can't remember a single year when Baylor was left short-benched due to transfers.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No you don't! You want to hear chatter that Page wants to leave home and come to UCONN. :cool:
I think it was that Paige is looking for place with a climate similar to that of home--like the Yukon. ;)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I'm hoping to hear the same kind of chatter about Paige Bueckers. ;)

Isn’t Bueckers from Minnesota?

Not exactly close to Connecticut. If I’m correct in assuming your UConn allegiance.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I was thinking about this the other day, and I actually think the out-transferring is fine and dandy with Mulkey and in fact it's part of her recruiting philosophy. She basically over-recruits on purpose, knowing darn well there will never be enough playing time for all of these players to thrive. Their first year or two at Baylor become essentially a very long and drawn-out winnowing process. In the end, Kalani Brown made the team and Mompremier didn't.

Big difference between Baylor and Kentucky. I can't remember a single year when Baylor was left short-benched due to transfers.

Lol, I can hardly wait for ETT to see this.

*pops popcorn*

Reaction Score
Isn’t Bueckers from Minnesota?

Not exactly close to Connecticut. If I’m correct in assuming your UConn allegiance.

Are you assuming an allegiance to UConn because of my avatar? You realize Maya plays for the best team in the history of the WNBA (and it's mostly because of Maya). Where is that team?

I do love this current squad of UConn players. They're the team most people underestimated (maybe even Geno). Certified Gabbyholic.

Reaction Score
I think Brea Beal is vastly underrated she's certainly a top 5 player in that class. She reminds me a lot of Allisha Gray with her rebounding ability and nose for the ball as a guard.she also has a good shot from the arc. Not sure who her biggest suitors are but I surely hope SC is one of them.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

2015 Class
Brown -

Slight Clarification
  • Gulley was injured in high school and arrived at Baylor unable to play and sat out a year. I don't know if she transferred anywhere but I doubt that she will ever play basketball again, at least not at a high level.
  • Sczepanski Beavers was kicked off the team, reportedly for using another student's credit card "without permission"
  • Dry is still enrolled at Baylor but resigned from the team. I presume that she recognized the fact that she was not going to get any playing time this year with the four freshmen guards arriving on campus. The only reason she ever received a scholarship is because her grandfather is what you call "well connected."
  • Mompremier is the only true transfer from that class.
So, your underlying problem theory is incorrect.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Are you assuming an allegiance to UConn because of my avatar? You realize Maya plays for the best team in the history of the WNBA (and it's mostly because of Maya). Where is that team?

I do love this current squad of UConn players. They're the team most people underestimated (maybe even Geno). Certified Gabbyholic.

I stand corrected.

In that case.. I too, would rather see Bueckers stay close to home and be a Minnesota Golden Gopher instead of a Connecticut Husky!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom