Proposed Rule Changes | The Boneyard

Proposed Rule Changes

Reaction Score
Committee proposes moving NCAA 3-point line

The NCAA Men's Basketball Rules Committee has proposed moving the 3-point line back to the international basketball distance, more than one foot farther than the current line.

The international 3-point line is 22 feet, 1¾ inches, while the current 3-point line is 20 feet, 9 inches. It was moved from 19 feet, 9 inches prior to the 2008-09 season.

The committee also recommended four other proposals:

• Resetting the shot clock to 20 seconds after offensive rebounds;

• Players being assessed Flagrant 2 technical fouls and ejections for using derogatory language about an opponent's race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability;

• Allowing coaches to call live-ball timeouts in the last two minutes of the second half and overtime;

• Conducting instant replay review for goaltending or basket interference calls in the final two minutes of the second half and overtime.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
• Players being assessed Flagrant 2 technical fouls and ejections for using derogatory language about an opponent's race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability;

Is this actually an issue that needs addressing? I haven't followed a ton of college hoops beyond UConn and honestly don't recall any recent incidents involving players insulting other players outside usual trash talk. Now, if a T was issued against the home team due to obnoxious fans, that might be interesting.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is this actually an issue that needs addressing? I haven't followed a ton of college hoops beyond UConn and honestly don't recall any recent incidents involving players insulting other players outside usual trash talk. Now, if a T was issued against the home team due to obnoxious fans, that might be interesting.
“Yeah I dunked on you, you dyslexic mofo!”

Reaction Score
Sound mostly like rule changes in search of problems. And NO MORE INSTANT REPLAY!!!! I’d get rid of it in its entirety or get rid of refs and let our robot overlords make all calls.

Reaction Score
Sid Wilson must be pumped about this

• Conducting instant replay review for goaltending or basket interference calls in the final two minutes of the second half and overtime.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I really like the 3 point line going back.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Make the double bonus one free throw and the ball and behold the glory.

Reaction Score

Not an issue unless the point of this is to stop the use of the n word which is used very often but not as a racial insult

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Not an issue unless the point of this is to stop the use of the n word which is used very often but not as a racial insult

I was gonna say. You’re gonna have a lot of Tim Anderson (mlb) style ejections if they implement that.

Reaction Score
Committee proposes moving NCAA 3-point line

The NCAA Men's Basketball Rules Committee has proposed moving the 3-point line back to the international basketball distance, more than one foot farther than the current line.

The international 3-point line is 22 feet, 1¾ inches, while the current 3-point line is 20 feet, 9 inches. It was moved from 19 feet, 9 inches prior to the 2008-09 season.

The committee also recommended four other proposals:

• Resetting the shot clock to 20 seconds after offensive rebounds;

• Allowing coaches to call live-ball timeouts in the last two minutes of the second half and overtime;

Anything about it being illegal to pay players?

Reaction Score
4qtrs will not help the game
The advantage of 4 quarters is that it prevents the game from becoming a free throw shooting contest. Team fouls reset after each quarter. NCAA men's basketball is the only place they don't play quarters. High School, NBA, Women's and International all play quarters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom