Proposal to Delay Draft Declaration Date | The Boneyard

Proposal to Delay Draft Declaration Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good idea I think, hope it goes thru. Upside should have some kids that have the NBA tell them they won't be drafted coming back to school. Might lead to a few more testing the waters, but that is offset by kids that return. Probably won't affect UConn too much as our players get exceptionally good information on where they will be drafted - for the most part they've been able to rely and decide based on that info.

caw

Reaction Score
Wonder how that would change UKs recruiting?

Reaction Score
I think right now Kentucky is absolutely peaking with the enticement that this is the place to come if you would otherwise go to the NBA immediately. So this enables them to get more than their fair share of the best of high school classes because they are the most likely to turn anyone's one-year into a first round pick. I don't think this changes that immediately, but perhaps long-term if Calipari does something poorly and a Harrison twins-esque delay creates a log-jam then he has issues.

More likely though that something else happens to kill the golden goose (Cal leaves, NCAA violation, $it happens), but I think in the short-term Kentucky is the team to beat each season for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom