OT: Propane Tanks | The Boneyard

OT: Propane Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kinda off-topic, but I acquired a tailgating grill recently and I'm contemplating the propane grill situation. I don't like the small ones because they seem wildly inefficient, but I am pretty nervous about having a large one because, once the tailgate is over, am I supposed to leave this thing in my hot car? What do people do about this kinda thing?

Reaction Score
<3 Trailer Park Boys :)

As far as the tank we have a cable with lock that we run through all the stuff that is outside during the games, usually the propane a couple tables and maybe a cooler etc. But since we are usually at the front of the blue lot we also tend to leave a fair amoun out for after unless the weather is going to be especially bad/windy or it's a late night weeknight game where we know it will only be a handful of us around after

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
cable through it and around the axle... keeps the honest people honest. and I am a huge believer in the big tanks, much more useful.

Reaction Score
I have the Coleman Tailgate grill and bought the adapter for the larger tank and I couldnt be happier. It ends up being much cheaper and I just use the back up propane tank that I have at my house. To Pete and Solo's Comments above, the only thing you have to watch out for is the petty theft in the parking lots. I've thrown mine in the back of our SUV after using and just cracked the windows a little.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We have one of each. We always take the big tank out when we get home. The small tanks last longer than you think and you can buy a pack of em at home depot that will last the season. And to me, the difference in cost... well it's football. Is it that much savings? I buy beer inside the stadium. I'll cut costs in other areas.

Reaction Score
And it didn't explode? Good to know. ;)

yeah i mean unless it is really excessively hot and the tank is damaged in someway, it is actually pretty hard to blow up a modern propane tank. crack a window and keep out of the full sun (throw a cover/blanket of some kind over it) and should be fine if you don't have a convenient external storage method

Reaction Score
Set tank on ground. Circle it with charcoal and light the charcoal up. Will keep thieves and everyone else away.

Reaction Score
We have one of each. We always take the big tank out when we get home. The small tanks last longer than you think and you can buy a pack of em at home depot that will last the season. And to me, the difference in cost... well it's football. Is it that much savings? I buy beer inside the stadium. I'll cut costs in other areas.

I'm with W on this. I doubt I spend $20 a season on propane using the small cannisters. It's just not that big a deal.

Reaction Score
I have a 10# propane tank that I use for my tailgate grill. Easier to transport, lasts a long time and refills the same as the larger 20# tanks

Reaction Score
I have the Coleman Tailgate grill also, I buy 3 of the 16oz containers and they last a season plus.
The smaller tanks are much easier to pack, and if I lose one it's no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom