OT: - Propane Gas Fireplace Insert | The Boneyard

OT: Propane Gas Fireplace Insert

Reaction Score
I’m looking for someone who can do the gas line through a brick fireplace from just outside and hookup to a 100 gal tank, and install it in the fireplace inside the box. A license is needed for the gas hookup with inspection by town. Also the sealed tubes have to be done up through the flue. In Central Ct. Price quotes so far from Deans for the inside part and Aero all Gas the outside part are a bit crazy not including the price of the stove.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
We had our propane company install it. It's not cheap though, but neither is the fireplace insert.

Just commiserating, no referrals for you as ours was installed in NH.

Reaction Score
I've wasted more money on propane repairs and installations than I can remember. When I put together pricing for a new construction job I add $8000 just to run lines to the range, pool heater and outdoor kitchen. Highway robbery, but no legal alternative.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've wasted more money on propane repairs and installations than I can remember. When I put together pricing for a new construction job I add $8000 just to run lines to the range, pool heater and outdoor kitchen. Highway robbery, but no legal alternative.
This is why we're still waiting on the propane generator, fireplace insert and cooktop we were going to have installed when we did our renovation around five years ago. The estimates came in at more than double what we had been expecting.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
This is why we're still waiting on the propane generator, fireplace insert and cooktop we were going to have installed when we did our renovation around five years ago. The estimates came in at more than double what we had been expecting.
Agreed, its amazingly expensive for what is essentially plumbing; we converted our oven/stove and added a gas generator along with the fireplace insert and upped the tank to 500 gallons. Someday this will be our retirement home (in NH). Hopefully in the long run it pays.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Agreed, its amazingly expensive for what is essentially plumbing; we converted our oven/stove and added a gas generator along with the fireplace insert and upped the tank to 500 gallons. Someday this will be our retirement home (in NH). Hopefully in the long run it pays.
That's exactly what we wanted to do, except we don't even have propane so we would have to have the tanks installed in the first place. I was also going to run it to my gas grill, but as you note, all those feet of piping add up. I guess I understand that you can't really Mickey Mouse the thing, because leaks, etc. could be catastrophic, but I didn't realize how much more it costs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom