Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
How does one player prove anything?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Butchy, I love you brother. But you've gone off the deep end. Are you shocked that a 3 star kid from Ohio chose Cincy over Ole Miss? Are you shocked that a kid from the Tri-State area chose Rutgers over BC?

You have to start posting when we are winning the battle for 4 or 5 star players against bigger in-state rivals. For instance:

USF - Montgomery and Price last year, Woulard this year (I hate when the Rivals site "downgrades" a big recruit from 4 stars to 3 because he doesn't choose the Gators!)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/commitments/2012/southflorida-655

But let's be fair; these victories are few and far between. Again, I would have been much more impressed if Cincy won a battle for a big-time recruit against Ohio State. Then, we would be in business as a conference! Until then, I will quote the former coach of our rival; we need to keep choppin' wood...

Reaction Score
How dare anyone post anything positive about the Big East. Oh the madness....
That's what I was thinking but it just doesn't work. Unless we win something big.

Reaction Score
The proof will come in a few years when these players are on the field and performing against other conferences.

Reaction Score
We're hanging in there all things considered. We need to get the TV contract out of the way, get the season started and start promoting the league. A competitive season as a league that has survived and is about to get an infusion of new blood will change some perceptions. Just not in Bristol.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
We're hanging in there all things considered. We need to get the TV contract out of the way, get the season started and start promoting the league. A competitive season as a league that has survived and is about to get an infusion of new blood will change some perceptions. Just not in Bristol.

I'm with you on that also. I think that the rumors of the Big East's death have been greatly exaggerated. We are most certainly a "Big 6" conference in football, since the gap between us and the ACC is nominal and the gap between us and the MW is extremely large. Couple that with at least a top 2 basketball league and other assets (like the number 1 women's bball league, top 2 soccer, etc.), and we should still come out of this one in pretty good shape. Then it is just up to us to continue to prove it on the field....and to ESPN!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Also, it should be noted that Sportsart was absolutely right; I was too hard on Butchy. I think it was because he was considering a victory over BC as a high quality victory for Rutgers. ;) We have at least 10 examples of that feat; we don't need to look to Rutty to accomplish that one! I'm looking forward to the days (soon, hopefully) where UConn is winning the recruiting battles against PSU and ND.

To show my solidarity with Butchy, I will still continue to use words as my tag-line. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom