Projected Rosters for next year | The Boneyard

Projected Rosters for next year

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Interesting in what way?
It was just reported that Cheesman is transferring from Vandy.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Interesting in what way?
It was just reported that Cheesman is transferring from Vandy.

I guess you are not in the "Interesting for some" category.

Well, it combines a selected teams roster with any effect from the Portal and adds the incoming Frosh.

Provides a comprehensive look at a teams roster for next year.

It's not dynamic as it doesn't react to changes in the three web pages :)

Still, some "might" find it interesting.

Reaction Score
Well, the projected roster for SCar has been outdated for a week, Indeed it was wrong from its inception because LeLe has used up her fifth year and cannot return:

South Carolina
Roster: Laeticia Amihere 6-4 JR forward From: Mississauga AB
Roster: Brea Beal 6-1 JR guard From: Rock Island IL
Roster: Aliyah Boston 6-5 JR forward From: St. Thomas Virgin Islands
Roster: Kamilla Cardoso 6-7 SO center From: Montes Claros Brazil
Roster: Zia Cooke 5-9 JR guard From: Toledo OH
Roster: Sania Feagin 6-3 FR forward From: Ellenwood GA
Roster: LeLe Grissett 6-2 SR guard From: Durham NC eligibility expired.
Roster: Bree Hall 6-0 FR guard From: Dayton OH
Roster: Raven Johnson 5-8 FR guard From: Atlanta GA
Roster: Destiny Littleton 5-9 SR guard From: San Diego CA
Roster: Saniya Rivers 6-1 FR guard From: Wilmington NC
Roster: Eniya Russell 6-1 SO guard From: Baltimore MD transferred
Roster: Victaria Saxton 6-2 SR forward From: Rome GA
Roster: Olivia Thompson 5-8 JR guard From: Lexington SC
Roster: Elysa Wesolek 6-1 SR forward From: Charleston SC Transferred
Still in Portal: Kierra Fletcher 5-9 SR guard

Reaction Score
@visitingcock you're a good guest but wounds are a little raw to be bringing your roster over here! ;)
Sorry. Thought the thread was about rosters -plural. Pointed out it’s inaccuracies. If I could amend to take out all but the three errors, I would.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Sorry. Thought the thread was about rosters -plural. Pointed out it’s inaccuracies. If I could amend to take out all but the three errors, I would.

I "screen scrape" three web pages (Roster, Portal, Commits) to gather data in order to present a potential 22-23 Roster for the selected school/s. In the case of the South Carolina data it looks like South Carolina is not distributing their roster affecting datum in a timely manner.

Anyway, it seems like not too many folks found it interesting, nor useful. Like myself and friends, I thought that others would find it useful as it would help to assess the strength and depth of various teams.

And, as CocoHusky pointed out earlier - NOT SO MUCH

Reaction Score
Thanks for putting this together - I found it interesting.

Reaction Score

Have to say that South Carolina will be the massive favorite to repeat next year. As Charlie Creme put it (I know, not exactly a reliable opinion), even if South Carolina had only Boston returning, they would be a top rated team. But they have virtually all of the national championship team returning. So everyone will be chasing them.

By contrast, Connecticut loses three key players, and adds just two freshmen. And there is the lingering question of injuries: will Paige truly recover her pre-injury form? Will Descharmes be completely over her "head injury" by this fall? Will Dorka recover from her serious wrist injury to get back into shape for the season?

And then there are the front court questions: Is DeBerry really a player who can become effective, after being surprisingly ineffective her freshman year? How good and reliable will Ice and Ayanna be in their first season?

The big positive for Connecticut is that it brings back the National Coach of the Year, Geno Auriemma. I know he wasn't officially chosen, but his coaching was nothing short of masterful, indeed, perhaps the best of his entire career. With his front court, he had no business knocking off NC State and Stanford. But he did. And he had his team within six points of South Carolina in the fourth quarter, when the talent comparison, plus injuries and illnesses should have meant a blowout. His achievement of not only getting his sick, injured, and short-handed team to the Big East Championship, then through to the national championship game dwarfed the achievements of every other top coach in the nation.

Next year, we have Coach Geno, and no one else does. That's the most important roster position of all.

Reaction Score
Have to say that South Carolina will be the massive favorite to repeat next year. As Charlie Creme put it (I know, not exactly a reliable opinion), even if South Carolina had only Boston returning, they would be a top rated team. But they have virtually all of the national championship team returning. So everyone will be chasing them.

By contrast, Connecticut loses three key players, and adds just two freshmen. And there is the lingering question of injuries: will Paige truly recover her pre-injury form? Will Descharmes be completely over her "head injury" by this fall? Will Dorka recover from her serious wrist injury to get back into shape for the season?

And then there are the front court questions: Is DeBerry really a player who can become effective, after being surprisingly ineffective her freshman year? How good and reliable will Ice and Ayanna be in their first season?

The big positive for Connecticut is that it brings back the National Coach of the Year, Geno Auriemma. I know he wasn't officially chosen, but his coaching was nothing short of masterful, indeed, perhaps the best of his entire career. With his front court, he had no business knocking off NC State and Stanford. But he did. And he had his team within six points of South Carolina in the fourth quarter, when the talent comparison, plus injuries and illnesses should have meant a blowout. His achievement of not only getting his sick, injured, and short-handed team to the Big East Championship, then through to the national championship game dwarfed the achievements of every other top coach in the nation.

Next year, we have Coach Geno, and no one else does. That's the most important roster position of all.
South Carolina loses its floor general, PG Destanni Henderson. That's a big loss. Just ask Stanford what it's like to lose your PG. They went from champion to a "mere" final four contender despite have a mass of talent at every other position. The difference between a champion and a contender is slim and can cone down to the PG or post positions.

Yes, SC has talent at PG, but experience in the system matters a lot at that position. Raven has the potential to be great if she is fully recover from her knee surgery, but until she proves it . . . it's just potential. Our transfer from G Tech has experience but that experience is not in Dawn's system with Dawn's player. She too is also coming of of knee surgery. Will either be 100% physically? How long til the rust wears off their game?

UConn has the most proven and more than likely the most talented of the Big Three floor generals in Paige. "Generational?" I hate that term and don't use it for Boston, but Paige may well be. She is atleast "excellent" and has experience in Geno's system.

The differences in the Big Three are slim.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom