Projected Depth Chart Becomes Clearer as Season Opener Creeps Closer | The Boneyard

Projected Depth Chart Becomes Clearer as Season Opener Creeps Closer

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, it was widely assumed Peart, Crozier and Hopkins were gimmes. Rutherford definitely got a bunch of snaps last year.

Was DeGeorge a surprise because he bumped someone or is it a surprise that he came out on top of the battle royal for the last spot? The two that looked like he could have jumped would be Vechery and Hashemi. I really like Vechery's versatility if he has to come off the bench.

Reaction Score
So, it was widely assumed Peart, Crozier and Hopkins were gimmes. Rutherford definitely got a bunch of snaps last year.

Was DeGeorge a surprise because he bumped someone or is it a surprise that he came out on top of the battle royal for the last spot? The two that looked like he could have jumped would be Vechery and Hashemi. I really like Vechery's versatility if he has to come off the bench.

I'm curious what degeorge weighs now. Luckily this staff will play the best player even if they're a little undersized or under weight.

Reaction Score
I missed the Diggs injury? When did that happen and is he out for the year?

When we finished last season, LB looked to be set for this year with Diggs, Joseph and levenberry. Now it's a huge question mark. I'm not convinced Stapleton, Britton and Joseph as a group have the speed to play in a 3-3-5.

Reaction Score

When we finished last season, LB looked to be set for this year with Diggs, Joseph and levenberry. Now it's a huge question mark. I'm not convinced Stapleton, Britton and Joseph as a group have the speed to play in a 3-3-5.
BL Diggs is out 4-6 weeks with a grade 2 meniscus tear that he had surgery on.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

I think the projected depth chart looks reasonable and rather likely. As the course of the season progresses, sounds like Hahn will be pushed into an LB roll for the right combo of size and speed. LB corp with Diggs and Levenberry out is definitely our defensive weakness. I'm more concerned about the D at this point than the O (and I appreciate how insane that sounds given how we finished last year w/o scoring) because of the lack of depth at the LB position and the young safeties. We also lack beef up the middle should we run into a power running game or have to defend short yardage/goal line. Gonna need Sterling and Gilmartin to give us good short yardage D when Junior Joseph needs a break.

Reaction Score
I think the projected depth chart looks reasonable and rather likely. As the course of the season progresses, sounds like Hahn will be pushed into an LB roll for the right combo of size and speed. LB corp with Diggs and Levenberry out is definitely our defensive weakness. I'm more concerned about the D at this point than the O (and I appreciate how insane that sounds given how we finished last year w/o scoring) because of the lack of depth at the LB position and the young safeties. We also lack beef up the middle should we run into a power running game or have to defend short yardage/goal line. Gonna need Sterling and Gilmartin to give us good short yardage D when Junior Joseph needs a break.
You wouldn't think that if you were at practice yesterday and watched them run D vs O.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You wouldn't think that if you were at practice yesterday and watched them run D vs O.
Okay - that makes me feel better ...

Reaction Score

Happened on the 6th of August.

Update from Fuller article yesterday:

>>Vontae Diggs said his knee surgery went well and he is still hoping to return in time for the season opener against Holy Cross although he admitted that shooting for the AAC opener vs. South Florida might be more reasonable.

"Everything is fine, I am starting physical therapy so I am moving pretty fast right now," Diggs said.T"hey are going to refrain from giving me target dates because whatever they say, I am going to give them a week earlier. I want to back for the opener but the biggest thing I told the training staff is USF, I won't miss that game for anything.I am going to do everything in my power to make sure I am back for that game. Obviously I want back for Holy Cross but that might be pushing my luck."

Reaction Score
Okay - that makes me feel better ...
I should have clarified better @Exit 4 ...I apologize...I was referring to your thoughts regarding the depth chart. There is at least 1 thing Matt listed that is wrong....

Reaction Score
I'm curious what degeorge weighs now. Luckily this staff will play the best player even if they're a little undersized or under weight.
Yesterday's slightly undersized or slightly under weight is today's athletic and quick highly mobile top performer.

Reaction Score

He must be 290+ now. I doubt very much he's still 283. Just pure speculation though

Reaction Score

Is that more a statement of the D or the O? Will they look as good vs USF in Week 2 is the real Q

Reaction Score
Is that more a statement of the D or the O? Will they look as good vs USF in Week 2 is the real Q
More a statement of who is where on the depth chart from practice reps compared to where Matt has them listed

Reaction Score
One of the older Lynnfield (MA) football coaches works out at my gym in Lynnfield. When I learned who he was this spring and mentioned I'm a Husky fan he didn't miss a beat. "You guys got a great O Lineman in Cam DeGeorge. He'll be starting for you guys in the fall and probably be all conference next year." He said he was the best player he's had in 20 years.

Reaction Score
One of the older Lynnfield (MA) football coaches works out at my gym in Lynnfield. When I learned who he was this spring and mentioned I'm a Husky fan he didn't miss a beat. "You guys got a great O Lineman in Cam DeGeorge. He'll be starting for you guys in the fall and probably be all conference next year." He said he was the best player he's had in 20 years.

And you believed the old guy? He reads The Boneyard and knew you would run out and get our hopes up.

Laughing-elderly-man-drinking-glass-of-beer-outside-barn-1-e1369225562356.jpg

Reaction Score
The chart with WR should include slot receivers. We will play enough three wide that the there will be two outside guys and slot. Skanes may be at he the top of the board as our slot.

It might be something like

Outside. 1-Mayala, 2-McLean 3-Davis

Outside. 1-Beals, 2-Dixon

Slot. 1- Skanes

But there is a lot flexibility here. Both Beals and Dixon could play the slot. Imagine a big line up, say on third down, of 6-2 Mayala and 6-5 McLean on the outside and a 6-3 Dixon in the slot. Or a speed line up that runs runs three verticals with Beals and Dixon outside and Skanes in the slot. There are may possibilities here. And we haven't hear very much about the uber -talented Rose. They call him an H-back but the could move to TE or even WR on any given play. This group is only limited by the OC imagination and this tie we have an OC with an imagination.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom