PROGRAM ALERT!! Television coverage for tomorrow's game @ Marquette may be changed in your area. | The Boneyard

PROGRAM ALERT!! Television coverage for tomorrow's game @ Marquette may be changed in your area.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Our game tomorrow vs Marquette is scheduled to be broadcast on FOX. It may not be in your area. It's not in mine. I have DirecTV.
I checked my listings grid for tomorrow so that I could set my DVR to record the game. My FOX affiliate here in Los Angeles (KTTV Ch.11) IS NOT carrying the game. It's being carried by a local independent station KCOP Ch.13 which has never broadcast a UConn women's game before. FS1 is showing a rebroadcast of the game at 10:30 pm PT. I implore you to check your local listings now!!!

My guess is since FOX has committed to providing SuperBowl pregame coverage, they contracted our local independent station to broadcast the game.

As you all know, the SuperBowl is tomorrow. My grid is showing my local FOX affiliate showing a SuperBowl pregame show from 9am PT to kickoff. The Superbowl will be broadcast on NBC @ 3:00 pm. PT.

Check your local listings to find out now what station is carrying the UConn/Marquette game tomorrow. Different TV stations across the country will carry the game. I don't like surprises. THIS is a surprise. Forewarned is forearmed. As far as I know, you should be able to listen to the game via radio on the usual UConn radio network outlets, and the Varsity Radio app.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Still showing the FOX affiliate in upstate NY.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Great. That's why I said "may be". I'm sure it's different for network affiliates all over the country. The SuperBowl is being played here in Los Angeles, so the local FOX station has committed to broadcasting pregame coverage for 6 hours right up to kick off.

FOX affiliates across the country may or may not choose to broadcast the 6 hr. pregame show. You don't want to find out at the last minute that YOUR FOX AFFILIATE is not broadcasting the game. :( Enjoy the game. I'm looking for a UConn win tomorrow regardless of who's available. ;)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
FL peeps - Tampa area Fox on Spectrum showing men's game at noon and women's game at 2:30 so crossing fingers as we've got another day of grandkids-palooza tomorrow!

Reaction Score
In Providence with Verizon I don't see it listed either - whereas during the FS1 televised TN v UConn game they promoted it.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Our game tomorrow vs Marquette is scheduled to be broadcast on FOX. It may not be in your area. It's not in mine. I have DirecTV.
I checked my listings grid for tomorrow so that I could set my DVR to record the game. My FOX affiliate here in Los Angeles (KTTV Ch.11) IS NOT carrying the game. It's being carried by a local independent station KCOP Ch.13 which has never broadcast a UConn women's game before. FS1 is showing a rebroadcast of the game at 10:30 pm PT. I implore you to check your local listings now!!!

My guess is since FOX has committed to providing SuperBowl pregame coverage, they contracted our local independent station to broadcast the game.

As you all know, the SuperBowl is tomorrow. My grid is showing my local FOX affiliate showing a SuperBowl pregame show from 9am PT to kickoff. The Superbowl will be broadcast on NBC @ 3:00 pm. PT.

Check your local listings to find out now what station is carrying the UConn/Marquette game tomorrow. Different TV stations across the country will carry the game. I don't like surprises. THIS is a surprise. Forewarned is forearmed. As far as I know, you should be able to listen to the game via radio on the usual UConn radio network outlets, and the Varsity Radio app.
Does this mean KCOP/13 wont be showing replays of the King of Queens or Schitt's Creek on late Sunday morning?
Just noticed the UConn MBB are on the same station at 9am. Game vs St Johns from MSG.

Reaction Score
because La has so many teams they always have to find networks to find. I have seen the ducks be on KDOC-56, kings on mynetwork13, and lafc on some channel 24 that I had never even heard before this season. It becomes annoying but that is what comes with having so many teams in the area, with the lakers and dodgers leaving to spectrum it helped can only imagine what would have happened had they stayed on fox sports net.

Reaction Score

They’re on FOX 61 in Connecticut. I imagine they cover southern Massachusetts as well. They’re broadcasting the mens game as well. We have Direct TV as well. Call DTV and tell them, maybe they will authorize you for the FOX 61 broadcast, and put it on ch 1100 or whatever.

Carnac

Reaction Score
FOX is broadcasting a 30 minute pregame show. I would tune in to your FOX affiliate to that pregame show to make sure there were no last minute changes in their program schedule for the day. Happy viewing everyone, and GO Huskies. :cool:

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Thanks but we're good here... Fox61 though, not FS1.

Reaction Score
Ditto here in Maryland. If you subscribe to Fox through your cable provider, you should also be able to stream the game tomorrow at least in this area. As usual, go to the Fox Sports site; the game is listed on mine.

Reaction Score
The UCONN men are playing on FOX the game prior…let’s hope that game doesn’t go into OT…this may result in the women‘s game not starting on time.

Reaction Score
The LA programming change is probably the local affiliate and it certainly makes sense considering the Super Bowl being a local team. It's an advertising gold mine. Any local affiliate with a brain would preempt the network feed for that opportunity. People in the Cincinnati area should watch out for this sort of thing as well and I imagine it could make sense for some other local stations. It's the freaking Super bowl.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Game is listed as airing on Hulu in northern Wisconsin.

Reaction Score
The UConn doubleheader is on in South Florida, WSVN Fox 7. Noon and 2:30p.

Reaction Score
FUBO has the game on Fox scheduled for 2:30pm here in NYC.

Reaction Score
OK - I am correcting myself.

In Providence with Verizon the game is on regular FOX

Earlier I mistakenly checked FS1 and missed it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom