Prognosticator's Predictions Tournament Edition | The Boneyard

Prognosticator's Predictions Tournament Edition

Should the Tournament Edition of the Prognosticator's Predictions be open to everyone?

• Yes

Votes: 41 89.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Last year only the point earners were able to play the Tournament Edition of the Prognosticator's Predictions. There were many upset people, so I will hold a poll for the next week to see what the BY wishes to do. If it is voted that everyone to be able to play, there will be a cut off of 15 minutes prior to UConn's game for entering the prediction.

There will be a Prognosticator's Prediction for every tournament game that UConn plays, so if they are in the Big East Championship game and make it to the NC game, there will be a total of 9 game predictions. I will not be voting since I am the administrator of the predictions.

Reaction Score
My voting is on and off, but when I do it I really enjoy it. I say… the more the merrier!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
@HuskyNan / @Biff Could I ask that this be pinned until the poll expires. I would like that everyone is able to view and vote on it without it having to be refreshed to keep it at the top. Thanks in advance.

Reaction Score
My only concern, MSGRET, is your workload. It is hard to sift through all the predictions and accurately figure out the winners. Opening it up to everyone makes your chore even harder. As I see it, it should be your call.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
My only concern, MSGRET, is your workload. It is hard to sift through all the predictions and accurately figure out the winners. Opening it up to everyone makes your chore even harder. As I see it, it should be your call.
Thanks for your concern but I'm retired, this keeps me a little busy for the Tournament. I would have the winner of the UConn game before their next opponent is known and only takes a few minutes to compile the point earners. With the number of point earners that have qualified and the ones that haven't there wouldn't be much of a difference in the amount of time it will take.

Reaction Score
There are several things that could be improved upon, but overall the broadcasts are an ENORMOUS PLUS.
We are fortunate to have them.

Reaction Score
A suggestion Sarge, with the understanding I was a mere E-5 and hesitate to give advice to an E-7. Let the contest continue as is until the end of the regular season. At that point run two brackets for all tournament games, the Champion Bracket only for those who have at least one regular season point and the Loser's Bracket for those like myself who have zero points. At the end of UConn's NCAA run the winner of the Loser's Bracket gets a UConn hat and the winner of the Champion's Bracket gets a UConn T-Shirt/sweatshirt. Ties are resolved by a random drawing.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
A suggestion Sarge, with the understanding I was a mere E-5 and hesitate to give advice to an E-7. Let the contest continue as is until the end of the regular season. At that point run two brackets for all tournament games, the Champion Bracket only for those who have at least one regular season point and the Loser's Bracket for those like myself who have zero points. At the end of UConn's NCAA run the winner of the Loser's Bracket gets a UConn hat and the winner of the Champion's Bracket gets a UConn T-Shirt/sweatshirt. Ties are resolved by a random drawing.
First in the Army a MSG is an E-8, second of all running two separate tally sheets is a lot more complicated than running only one. On the winner getting a hat or T-Shirt/sweatshirt, WHO is going to pay for the merchandise and the shipping?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom