Prognosticator's Predictions Game 16 DePaul vs UConn | The Boneyard

Prognosticator's Predictions Game 16 DePaul vs UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Next up is DePaul this Sunday at 1:30 P.M. in Gampel Pavilion. I guess we won't know who is playing from our current walking wounded bench, except Paige and Ice who are out for the season. UConn can't catch a break this season, but is still winning. This game is an enigma for me because it depends on which DePaul team shows up. The one beats teams like Miami, Maryland and Pitt, or loses to teams like N. Illinois, Cleveland St and Towson. They have lost their last two games, both at home against Creighton 92-82 and Marquette 72-63. UConn has beaten both of these two teams, at Creighton 72-47 and Marquette in Gampel 61-48. With the injury to Aaliyah Edwards in today's game UConn might have some issues in guarding Aneesah Morrow, a double-double machine averaging 26 points and 12 rebounds a game, if she is not able to play. With all that being said, I believe that AE will be able to play which will help stabilize the interior. I'm predicting this score with AE playing at full strength. UConn 78 - DePaul 62.

All prognostications or any changes must state the winner of the game, i.e.
UConn or DePaul, not the good guys or our team, Huskies or Blue Demons can be used. Any changes to the original prognostication must state that it is a change, with the winning team named, and must have the original thread number included. If a change is accepted you will receive a "Like" showing that it has been changed. All prognostication's and any changes must be submitted NLT 11:25 P.M. Eastern. Attached is the Prognosticator's Predictions Rules and Scoring System, the game is on SNY,
and Good Luck to all you Prognosticator's out there.

Attachments

• Prognosticators Predictions Rules and Scoring System.pdf
    112.9 KB · Views: 92
Reaction Score
Depaul still likes to shoot 3s and UConn hasn't been the best covering them. And I agree that there may be some concern inside. So I'm thinking a close game. They have a great player in Morrow and around 35% of their shots are from 3 which they hit at better than 31%. So it's a pick your poison which will test our defense. I'm hoping we have enough offense to outscore them and we don't get into foul trouble. If Azzi and Caroline are still out it could be a Notre Dame type game, but I hope not.

UConn 81 Depaul 73

Reaction Score
UCONN 85
DePaul 68
If AE is out with her ankle it will be a lot closer!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
DePaul 72
UConn 81
depaul blue demons dibs GIF by DePaul Athletics

Reaction Score
UConn has been giving up a lot of 3's (and open looks) to poor teams. DePaul is not a poor team so should be close. Morrow draws fouls and we are thin underneath. UConn wins 73-65.

Reaction Score
I am cautious here……smells like a trap.

If AE is out, Morrow will be able to go off. Also, we stink at 3 point defense. Well, it’s not that we stink, we don’t bother to even defend it……

If Morrow goes off, they get hot from 3 and our offense sputters (like in the second half against Xavier, a far weaker team than DePaul) then it could be an ugly game.

I’m rooting for the home team here….

UConn 68 - 60

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UConn has had their way in the paint over the past few games. That’s not going to be the case against Aneesah Morrow and the Blue Demons. With that said, DePaul is not as talented as they were a year ago.

UConn 82 - DePaul 62

Reaction Score
UConn contains Morrow, Rogers, and Holmes, rolling to an 83 – 66 victory.
MOV 17

Reaction Score
UConn 74 Depaul 69. My score prediction is more wishful thinking for a fun competitive game. I hope to see high % shooting on both sides.

Reaction Score
Will the good Blue Demons or the bad Blue Demons show up? Maybe Carnac knows. ;);)

I think the average Blue Demons show up. Aaliyah will play. The Huskies are at home and the fact that they get to spend some time in their "home" space (in their living areas and their gym) should be worth a few points for sure, so I think the team will play and look better.

UConn 82, Blue Demons 62 for a 20 point MOV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom