Prognosticator's Predictions Exhibition Game vs Southern Connecticut State | The Boneyard

Prognosticator's Predictions Exhibition Game vs Southern Connecticut State

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Finally the 23-24 UConn Women's Basketball season is upon us with the exhibition game against SCS. Although this is only a practice round for all, it's to get everyone ready for the real season contest that starts on the 8th vs Dayton. With Paige and Ice back and the newcomers of Ashlynn, KK and Qadence coming in may make this team become one of the greatest teams in a long time at UConn. SCS has very little chance of coming within 50 points, I believe it will be even more with UConn playing everyone, but the starting five will play at least 20 minutes. UConn 111 - SCS 47, MOV of 68. All predictions must be submitted NLT 12:45 P.M. gameday. Attached is the Prognosticator's Predictions Rules and Scoring System, please read them so that you are familiar with the rules. Good luck and have fun.

All prognostications or any changes must state the winner of the game, i.e. UConn or SCSU, not the good guys or our team, Huskies or Owls can be used. Any changes to the original prognostication must state that it is a change, with the winning team named, and must have the original thread number included.

Attachments

• Prognosticators Predictions Rules and Scoring System.pdf
    112.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Finally the 23-24 UConn Women's Basketball season is upon us with the exhibition game against SCS. Although this is only a practice round for all, it's to get everyone ready for the real season contest that starts on the 8th vs Dayton. With Paige and Ice back and the newcomers of Ashlynn, KK and Qadence coming in may make this team become one of the greatest teams in a long time at UConn. SCS has very little chance of coming within 50 points, I believe it will be even more with UConn playing everyone, but the starting five will play at least 20 minutes. UConn 111 - SCS 47, MOV of 68. All predictions must be submitted NLT 12:45 P.M. gameday. Attached is the Prognosticator's Predictions Rules and Scoring System, please read them so that you are familiar with the rules. Good luck and have fun.
Thanks so much, MSGRET, for taking this on... it adds so much to the season for me, as I'm sure it does for many of our compatriots here. Good luck handling it all!

UConn 114, SCSU 52

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
SCSU had a decent season in 2022-2023. It has two starters back who are 6'3" and 6'1" but their starting backcourt has all graduated. They only averaged 60 ppg and gave up 55, so they must play a deliberate game. Shot 40% from the field.

With the roster he has Geno will want to play a full court pressure game and speed them up, the only question in my mind is when does he call off the dogs against an inexperienced SCSU backcourt.

96-36, UConn.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UConn will pressure and play up tempo for a half and then call of the dogs and walk it up the court in the 2nd half.

UConn 96 - Southern CT 48

Reaction Score
UCONN 103 - SCSU 37; MoV: 66, so not quite a tripling of their score...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think that UConn will continue the pressing and running that we saw in Europe. Huskies by 108-48.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom