Prognosticators Exhibition Season | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Exhibition Season

Reaction Score
It’s time for boneyard prognosticators to begin to hone their skills for the upcoming season. This exhibition season maybe more difficult to zero in on an MOV as we can expect liberal substitutions. But I shall give it a try. UCONN 85 Fort Hayes State 57 MOV 28 . Sit back and enjoy

Reaction Score
UConn 88
Fort Hays St. 38

Starters only play limited minutes in order to keep it this close.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
FHS is nowhere near being a serious challenger to UConn. FHS is a Division 2 program that does not have the talent, depth, height or experience that this UConn team has. Exhibition games are just that, exhibition games. Coaches do things in these games they wouldn't do in a regular game. You try to win the game, but you also may not play your starters as much. You already know what they can do. This is the time to give the bench players extra minutes (they may not get in regulation games) to see how they are coming along in their development, especially the freshmen.

I predict the starters play 20-25 minutes. The reserves average 8-10 minutes each. UConn wins 88-35. Most of FHS's points will come against the reserves. I also predict Azura will start.

Postscript...................Crystal started, and did a great job. Congrats to all of you that predicted that Dangerous would start. You called it!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well let's see. Last year UCONN won the 2 exhibitions big. vs Indiana (IUP) 111-39 and Pace 95-32. I believe UCONN is going to be much better this year than last and I don't think Fort Hayes is as good as those 2 from last year. Sooooo. :eek:

However, staying with tradition. Fort Hayes 51-49 on a last second length of the floor shot. :cool:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
UConn may be putting in reserves a little more but

1) Our reserves are pretty darn good and some have real chips on their shoulders. It was not like that last year.
2) They will definitely play with the highest level of intensity on the defensive end.

No way, Fort Hays breaks 40.

UConn 121 Fort Hays 37

Reaction Score
It’s time for boneyard prognosticators to begin to hone their skills for the upcoming season. This exhibition season maybe more difficult to zero in on an MOV as we can expect liberal substitutions. But I shall give it a try. UCONN 85 Fort Hayes State 57 MOV 28 . Sit back and enjoy

HF: Just now signed in here to say that I can't do the Score Prediction Thread this year.
Hoping that someone else would be willing to take over. And there you were, Unless you declare to the contrary, I'm going with the assumption that you are willing to take the reins on this. I know quite of few of us have enjoyed this competition over the years.

Reaction Score
95 - 42. No in depth analysis. Just a WAG. We'll see how it goes...

Reaction Score
We should be very careful. Penn Sate fans may likely have played this game also before they were upended in their first exhibition game 59-53 by DII Cedarville on Sunday. Ouch! :(

upload_2017-10-31_15-54-13.png
The game's STATS ...if you feel it's necessary. :eek:

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
We should be very careful. Penn Sate fans may likely have played this game also before they were upended in their first exhibition game 59-53 by DII Cedarville on Sunday. Ouch! :(

They may have played the guessing game but perhaps they picked their team to lose? They are not good.

Reaction Score
They may have played the guessing game but perhaps they picked their team to lose? They are not good.
Hmmm... maybe they should have scheduled DIII teams for the pre-season. :(

Reaction Score

So..... A lower tier D1 school is not as good as a D2 school?
From the stats, the Nittany lions really only have 1 possibly 2 scoring threats.
Compare that to the Huskies - 6-7 very dangerous scorers. I don't see an exhibition upset coming unless there is a blue v gray game. (I would love to see that game, more than the scheduled exhibitions)

Reaction Score
108-38 after 40 minutes. Only because there's no mercy rule.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
No offense to SC lovers, but that's the score they lose to UConn during the season.

Reaction Score

UCONN is not Penn St., that would never happen. 101-43!

Reaction Score
Reading portions of this thread, it is becoming apparent that some posters need a course in mojo appeasement!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
FOR THIS GAME ONLY.....................Who will (not who should be) the 5th starter be......Crystal or Azura??? :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom