Probability that UCONN cancels the Nova game... | The Boneyard

Probability that UCONN cancels the Nova game...

Probability UCONN cancels the Nova game...

• 100%

• 90%

• 100%

Results are only viewable after voting.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Probability that UCONN cancels the Nova game...

Reaction Score
0%

It's not UConn's job to look out for Nova.
If I’m not mistaken, UConn was the one that cancelled the DePaul game because they didn’t meet UConn’s health criteria for length of time to finish their quarantine, and then DePaul went and played another game on the same scheduled day or the following. So I think OP is correct, and there is definitely a chance UConn reschedules this, unless restrictions loosen in the state.
if nova did in fact have new positives on 1/4/21, then I don’t see them playing the game as scheduled unfortunately...

Reaction Score
If I’m not mistaken, UConn was the one that cancelled the DePaul game because they didn’t meet UConn’s health criteria for length of time to finish their quarantine, and then DePaul went and played another game on the same scheduled day or the following. So I think OP is correct, and there is definitely a chance UConn reschedules this, unless restrictions loosen in the state.
if nova did in fact have new positives on 1/4/21, then I don’t see them playing the game as scheduled unfortunately...

Part of me thinks it's because UConn had to travel to DePaul to play that game. With Nova coming to us maybe a slightly different story?

Reaction Score
Part of me thinks it's because UConn had to travel to DePaul to play that game. With Nova coming to us maybe a slightly different story?
Good point, I certainly am no expert, and was just pointing out that it was us that cancelled. I hope there’s a chance we play them, it would be difficult to get that game rescheduled with how crammed the schedule is already.

Reaction Score
That decision was made by the CT DPH... if UConn had their way that game would’ve been played.
I don’t think that’s true. I believe UConn didn’t want to play because they hadn’t practiced formally for 2 weeks.

Reaction Score
Isn’t the CT DPH edict set in stone? 14 days from the last positive test?

If that’s the case, and I don’t know if it is, then it should be pretty cut and dry whether the game is past the 14 days or not.

The only mitigating factor I’d think would be if any subsequent tests are positive.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The game already is postponed. I am not sure what the question is here. Will it be rescheduled? Yes, if it can be.

Reaction Score
Xavier looks like a really good possibility to fill in on Thursday 1/14. I realize we play them at home on 1/20 but we also have an away game against them crammed into a tight window in February, so it could make sense to move the February game to the 14th and keep the January 20th game. It Would fit into their current schedule. Every other team looks pretty unlikely based on the schedule.

Reaction Score
Xavier looks like a really good possibility to fill in on Thursday 1/14. I realize we play them at home on 1/20 but we also have an away game against them crammed into a tight window in February, so it could make sense to move the February game to the 14th and keep the January 20th game. It Would fit into their current schedule. Every other team looks pretty unlikely based on the schedule.

That just makes too much sense. Seriously, we have to get games in now!! We can expect additional pauses in February..

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

That just makes too much sense. Seriously, we have to get games in now!! We can expect additional pauses in February..

Yep. But it takes two to tango as the opponent needs to agree as well. And we haven't hit mid January yet so who knows how rest of month will go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom