Priorities for the new staff... | The Boneyard

Priorities for the new staff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
1) This staff is littered with recruiters. Top priority is to go out and sign some players. Every year, there are signing day surprises - players that get involved with their choice at the 11th hour. Sometimes those surprises can be stars. I'm hoping we can bring in some diamonds in the rough and one or two more polished diamonds.

2) Evaluate the talent here. One thing Kelly did at Cincy and ND is move players from offense to defense and from position to position. Diaco has been saying the same thing - making sure players are being asked to do things they can do. I expect that we are going to see a great deal of movement - a dozen or more players moved to new positions and sometimes different side of the ball.

3) Get ready for Spring practice. With all the changes going on, spring practice is going have more teaching than usual. Diaco knows basically what he will be running on offense and defense and spring practice is going to be huge. There is a ton of prep that can be done to make every minute useful.

Reaction Score
Hard to argue with your top priorities. I definitely was thinking 1 and 2 exactly the same as yours. If I had to add a number 4, it'd be

4) Sell the program. One of the things I love about HCBD so far is his enthusiasm on selling the program. We need to get our name out there more among our constituents and the broader NCAAFB world. Keep it up coach!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
3) Get ready for Spring practice. With all the changes going on, spring practice is going have more teaching than usual. Diaco knows basically what he will be running on offense and defense and spring practice is going to be huge. There is a ton of prep that can be done to make every minute useful.
4) Sell the program. One of the things I love about HCBD so far is his enthusiasm on selling the program. We need to get our name out there more among our constituents and the broader NCAAFB world. Keep it up coach!

Let's start by combining these two things. Hopefully Warde was embarrased by that steaming pile of crap they called the Spring game last year (foreshadowing the season to come). Let's take some time to plan something good, invest a few bucks to make it special and promote the out of it.

Some suggestions to kick it off:
1. Who will be starting QB? The competition starts now!
2. A meet and greet with Coach Diaco!
3. Get your picture taken with Super Bowl winning RB Donald Brown!
4. Face painting!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Last year's spring game was awful. I agree that beefing that up to create some excitement for the season should be a top priority. I used to like the idea of allowing fans to pick their season ticket seats at the spring game. If they offer up some kind of discount or promotion, they might be able to sign up some folks. Another idea that they should bring back is coach's speech to announce captains. If you put a mic in front of Bob Diaco at the spring game, I'm going to guess that whoever is in the Rent will get fired up. Have him announce the captains and give a recap of the exciting things that took place in the spring practices and what will take place in the summer practices. As for the players themselves, they are ALWAYS more than accommodating with the fans and they are great with the kids. I hope that aspect never changes!

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Last year's spring game was awful. I agree that beefing that up to create some excitement for the season should be a top priority. I used to like the idea of allowing fans to pick their season ticket seats at the spring game. If they offer up some kind of discount or promotion, they might be able to sign up some folks. Another idea that they should bring back is coach's speech to announce captains. If you put a mic in front of Bob Diaco at the spring game, I'm going to guess that whoever is in the Rent will get fired up. Have him announce the captains and give a recap of the exciting things that took place in the spring practices and what will take place in the summer practices. As for the players themselves, they are ALWAYS more than accommodating with the fans and they are great with the kids. I hope that aspect never changes!
Bob Diaco with a mic pre or post game at the Spring Game = BRILLIANT! Use it as a "pep-rally" almost for this season. Get the fans who are there even more engaged and pumped about UConn Football in 2014. Great Idea.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Bob Diaco with a mic pre or post game at the Spring Game = BRILLIANT! Use it as a "pep-rally" almost for this season. Get the fans who are there even more engaged and pumped about UConn Football in 2014. Great Idea.

I remember Edsall used to do it years ago to announce the captains. He was much more dry than Diaco though. You put a mic in front of that man's mouth with an option for fans to pick their season tickets, I'm going to guess that the results will be quite positive.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I remember Edsall used to do it years ago to announce the captains. He was much more dry than Diaco though. You put a mic in front of that man's mouth with an option for fans to pick their season tickets, I'm going to guess that the results will be quite positive.

Mr. Trailers didn't really sell the program. He wanted to be about him and not the University of Connecticut.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Love it.

Reaction Score
Number two, get the play book completed and distributed to the offense and defense so that they will be prepared by spring practice.

Reaction Score
Find out what Michigan (WM)and Notre Dame (BD) do for their Spring games. That will give you an idea of what to expect here.

Reaction Score
Last year we had a ton of problems on the Oline with injuries - as well as other places. As much as I hate to say it, there was not much alternative to what we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom