Princeton Presser Intro'ing Carla Berube | The Boneyard

Princeton Presser Intro'ing Carla Berube

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Around 15:45 it gets into the recruiting of Carla, having "to pull her away" and Geno's role in that and Carla's kind words about her mentor. "Geno Auriemma is on the phone? yeah, I think I'll take that call!"

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Because I have to: "Umm, yeah, aah" :rolleyes:

That observation aside, I think she found her sweet spot to prove she's a terrific coach and ambassador for WCBB as Coach, mentor, educator and friend. Unlike MCBB, where the Ivy's are heavily disadvantaged vs. the top 8, 9 or 10 conferences, I think she will thrive bringing in student athletes like Bella and win a few NCAA games. To me, she is the one former player who has shined in the coaching profession that if she gets the top athletes at Princeton, in 5 or 6 or "xx" years when Geno and CD ride off into the basketball sunset, she could be option A.

So a new basketball commercial-"When G. Ariemma speaks, Director of Basketball Operations people listen"..:)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Love her confidence

“I just know how to win and I am very competitive. We are going to play the style that fits the personnel that we have but also to who I am as a coach. It has been successful for a number of years. It is finding that balance of both. There is a great returning group coming back and a great incoming freshman class. I want to win so we will keep on doing it.”

Reaction Score
Recruits looka here:

Playing at UConn for Auriemma helped shape Berube’s approach to coaching. “You are a product of our environment and I took so much from what I learned there, just how driven you need to be and how hard you need to work,” said Berube.

“A lot of things off the court I learned from him were on how important relationships are. He gets the most out of his players.You go in there thinking you can do this and then he takes you to here. I left after four years there feeling that was the best four years of my life. It still is.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom