Pride in Preparation | The Boneyard

Pride in Preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UCONN Pride.

That's what all the t-shirts the b-ball team was wearing said. The guys earned their opportunity to compete for greatness last night. It was no mistake. They prepared for it for two years. When it came time to play, they played for each other. They played for the University. They were prepared. In their own minds, there was no doubt. They had a plan, they executed it. Great players made great plays. They won.

Tonight, the girls have earned their opportunity for greatness, and will compete against the best, and the winner will hold the title. UCONN pride - would have it no other way. There is no doubt that they are prepared. THey prepare yearly for title games. They will have a plan. THey will execute it. Great players will have to make great plays to win.

UCONN football.

Can learn a lot from the basketball programs.

UCONN Pride. Preparation. On the first day of practice for KO, as the head coach - for those that don't know the story yet - they didn't handle basketballs. They didn't run basketball plays or drills. They just ran. They ran harder than they've ever run. Building up the legs to compete, was priority #1 in preparation. Last night, against Calipari's racehorse recruits, it was our players, our NON-Mcdonald's AA's, that were faster, that weren't tired, that had the legs to compete. Preparation. Preparation in all the details.

It was as much our guys legs and physical conditioning, as it was our foul shooting, as it was preparation for every other detail of the game, that allowed us to march through a tournament and beat not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE conference champions in basketball - BEFORE beating Kentucky.

Football is about execution on gameday. Doing all the little things right from every players, every detail, builds on its self. When the games are on the line, and the competition is fierce, on top of that, the great players need to make great plays. THen you win.

There is a class at UCONN that will be seniors next year, that has never seen what we all know has existed before. The PRIDE of walking off the field in the heart of SEC territory having destroyed an SEC program in a bowl game. The PRIDE of beating Notre Dame in the shadow of touchdown Jesus. The PRIDE of going to the Fiesta Bowl.

The pride of having earned the opportunity to compete with the best, on the greatest of stages. Dwayne Gratz returning the pick 6 against Oklahoma.

UCONN FOOTBALL PRIDE

Preparation starts with the legs. "The genius is in the details." - KO

I hope that UCONN FOOTBALL PRIDE is restored for all of UCONN family watching in late August. We'll get a glimpse of what their preparation has been and looks like so far, in a matter of days.

Reaction Score
Getting to last night took KO 2 years. I have a man crush for HCBD, but I think this might be the equivalent of a year on academic probation - getting kids to buy in, develop pride in themselves and the school, and driving towards a goal that is further out than a few months.

Reaction Score
Getting to last night took KO 2 years. I have a man crush for HCBD, but I think this might be the equivalent of a year on academic probation - getting kids to buy in, develop pride in themselves and the school, and driving towards a goal that is further out than a few months.

It doesn't take 2 years to get your legs conditioned to be able to grind a team into the ground in the 4th quarter of a game, and be able to do it through the course of a season. It takes getting your ass out of bed in teh morning to run a couple days a week and go run horsebarn hill, or do the cemetery hill on N. Eagleville starting when it's still dark and cold in the mornings in the spring semester and carrying it through til fall.

We've got a young team, and a team with still some depth and roster gaps here and there - but with youth comes mistakes, but also great potential to grow and perform.

I have high expectations for this football program. This year. They have athletes that can compete with the programs we have on our schedule. The only question really - is the offensive line. Do they have quick feet or not? We'll see. It's in the preparation, the conditioning, adn the execution of the details day in and day out that we will win games.

Reaction Score
The basketball program restored a standard of excellence at a critical time. They restored pride and the belief we do more than just fit in. We excel. I expect that this will rub off on the football program, and Diaco will not shrink from the challenge. Great things are ahead, and The B1G is right around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom