Pride. Heart. Uconn. | The Boneyard

Pride. Heart. Uconn.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Six men working their tails off (7...I see you, Noyes!). Playing the vast majority of the game, knowing there will be no reprieve. Nobody is coming off that bench to save you. And they are showing all the heart and all the pride that we've come to expect and respect at UCONN.

Some might say it's only Tulane or it's only USF. Nonsense. Those teams are amped up to put an "L" on the mighty UCONN and they all give us their best punch. And our guys punched back...harder...

Pride. Heart. UCONN.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Needs to be said that Jackson is clearly playing hurt, as well. Was subbed out with about 1:30 left and is being attended to by the trainers right now.

Hasn't been the same since he took that spill right at the half vs. USF.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
A gritty an plucky group for sure.

And kudos to the crowd. They were really into it when the team was playing well. Nice attendance and atmosphere. Great to see people showing up for a game against a weak opponent.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Needs to be said that Jackson is clearly playing hurt, as well. Was subbed out with about 1:30 left and is being attended to by the trainers right now.

Hasn't been the same since he took that spill right at the half vs. USF.

He seemed to turn his ankle near the end and was suddenly limping noticeably, but at the end was walking okay. Hopefully he heals quickly.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
3 straight years. 3 different teams. 3 teams that can't score in the first half.

I love KO but seriously figure the first half out.

Reaction Score
3 straight years. 3 different teams. 3 teams that can't score in the first half.

I love KO but seriously figure the first half out.

This is not their problem any more from what I can see. It was against SMU because they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if they were standing near it but the last 6 of 7 I believe they've gotten over that hump for the most part.

Basically the last 7 are:

UCF 35
Temple 39
SMU 15
GTown 33
ECU 38
USF 35
Tulane 34

This team is going to win games in the 60's, and lose them too so if they're not throwing a lot of 20's in the first half they are fine as far as I can see.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It's very difficult for our team to win if Jalen, Rodney, and Vance are not scoring, but the biggest issue in the beginning was another team shooting at what is probably their best percentage. Tulane was shooting at about 55% for most of the first half. When our guys improved the coverage of the 3 ball and worked out the double on the hook shooting center, they stopped scoring much at all. It seemed like they did not score a basket for about 7 minutes of game time (roughly from 10 minutes left in the second to about the 3 minute mark). That our guys play better defense down the stretch with 6 freakin' scholarship players is tremendous and not something to be ignored. Even though the game seemed in the bag, there were some concerns for me as we were up 9 with just under 2 minutes and we had no real center or tall person outside of Vance on the court after the foul outs. But, they hung on and shredded Tulane's efforts to press or stop them. Pretty darn good effort and props to KO for the team showing such determination and not quitting on this year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is not their problem any more from what I can see. It was against SMU because they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if they were standing near it but the last 6 of 7 I believe they've gotten over that hump for the most part.

UCF 35
Temple 39
SMU 15
GTown 33
ECU 38
USF 35
Tulane 34

This team is going to win games in the 60's, and lose them too so if they're not throwing a lot of 20's in the first half they are fine as far as I can see.

If you can't score you cant put points on the board
I guess RipCity thinks its a KO plan to miss shots in the 1st half
ALWAYS theres something to complain about KO ALWAYS
Some of the folks need hobbies

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
A gritty an plucky group for sure.

And kudos to the crowd. They were really into it when the team was playing well. Nice attendance and atmosphere. Great to see people showing up for a game against a weak opponent.

I was there! Was jumping around yelling and cheering at the top on my lungs in the upper level. Everyone around me was amped. I accidentally whipped my jacket across the head of the guy in front of me while I was getting crazy lol

Reaction Score

UCF 35
Temple 39
SMU 15
GTown 33
ECU 38
USF 35
Tulane 34

I agree. Not to sound like a broken record, but the issue this year again comes back to injuries. We have 6 guys, when something like the first 10 minutes happens and nobody can get in a rhythm and start knocking down shots there's very little KO can do. He has 1 guy he can go to off the bench compared to 5 or 6 like usual.

In past years I think some blame could be given to KO for not subbing out Rodney or whoever when they start getting cold and chucking up shots. This year he has little to no flexibility to do that so we just have to bank on the defense keeping the game close until the cold stretch ends

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I agree. Not to sound like a broken record, but the issue this year again comes back to injuries. We have 6 guys, when something like the first 10 minutes happens and nobody can get in a rhythm and start knocking down shots there's very little KO can do. He has 1 guy he can go to off the bench compared to 5 or 6 like usual.

In past years I think some blame could be given to KO for not subbing out Rodney or whoever when they start getting cold and chucking up shots. This year he has little to no flexibility to do that so we just have to bank on the defense keeping the game close until the cold stretch ends
In the past he did sub out Rodney and Sterling when they went cold or took shots too early in the clock. He even had Rodney coming off the bench last season. What year was there a problem.

Reaction Score
In the past he did sub out Rodney and Sterling when they went cold or took shots too early in the clock. He even had Rodney coming off the bench last season. What year was there a problem.
Maybe it wasn't clear in my post but I'm not saying there was a problem any year

Edit: I see how you got that from the 2nd paragraph of my original post, but not what I was trying to imply

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom