Preview Podcast with SNY's Maria Marino | The Boneyard

Preview Podcast with SNY's Maria Marino

Reaction Score
Hi everyone,

I got some time with SNY's Maria Marino for an episode of my Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast. We talk about her move to covering the women's team, she gives a detailed breakdown of this year's team, and shares some thoughts on the Evina Westbrook situation. Check it out:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hi everyone,

I got some time with SNY's Maria Marino for an episode of my Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast. We talk about her move to covering the women's team, she gives a detailed breakdown of this year's team, and shares some thoughts on the Evina Westbrook situation. Check it out:

Good stuff. Very complimentary of "adorable" Aubrey.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
@gwhuskyfan I thought you did a nice a job with a somewhat challenging interview. Maria seemed like she had a fact sheet that she was determined to get through and it broke up the rhythm of the interview a bit.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maria moved from covering the UConn men to the UConn women. Must be a promotion. ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maria moved from covering the UConn men to the UConn women. Must be a promotion. ;)

Interesting how she differentiates between Hurley and Geno although the differences between a newbie (to UConn) and a legend are not unexpected.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maria thinks that Meg will lead the team in scoring. She's seen the 2 pre-season games, but she may not be familiar with the kid who wants to be "legendary."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Definitely is given the amount of games and the coach's show.

She kind of fumbled that answer though. Should have been more of "I loved being on the men's broadcast. Coach Hurley is a great guy to work with who looks to be building something special at Connecticut, but, obviously having the opportunity to work with top women's basketball program in Connecticut and one of the greatest coaches ever is exciting. Not only will I working be games but I will also be interviewing Geno on the The Geno Auriemma Show. It is a very special opportunity and I am looking forward to it."

Shorten up her answers and she'll ramble less.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom