Present and Past players with a "high work rate" ala Gabby | The Boneyard

Present and Past players with a "high work rate" ala Gabby

Reaction Score
While all UConn players show great hustle (or they don't play), there a some who are exceptional in their relentless effort on the court

I played Rugby for 35 years and we said of people that play like Gabby that they had a "high work rate" or "high motor". This was something I liked to pride myself on in those days.

This, I see in Gabby, she is always on and working hard and is able to rev even higher in the biggest games (think ND game last year or any of thte recent South Carolina games.

Kelly Faris was like this, always on, and capable of making seemingly every play for stretches .

Others that I recall would be (in no order)
Jen Rizzzotti
Nykesha
Maya - she is supremely talented but what really elevates her is she has the work rate to go with it.

There have been some less talented players who impressed me this way, such as Morgan Valley and Meghan Gardler

I wish I had time right now to add to this list, anyone else?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You are absolutely going to Love Olivia Nelson-Ododa.
Roughly 8-9 months from now just remember I was the first to tell you.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
While all UConn players show great hustle (or they don't play), there a some who are exceptional in their relentless effort on the court. I played Rugby for 35 years and we said of people that play like Gabby that they had a "high work rate" or "high motor". This was something I liked to pride myself on in those days. This, I see in Gabby, she is always on and working hard and is able to rev even higher in the biggest games (think ND game last year or any of thte recent South Carolina games. Kelly Faris was like this, always on, and capable of making seemingly every play for stretches . Others that I recall would be (in no order)
Jen Rizzzotti, Nykesha,Maya - she is supremely talented but what really elevates her is she has the work rate to go with it. There have been some less talented players who impressed me this way, such as Morgan Valley and Meghan Gardler. I wish I had time right now to add to this list, anyone else?

Jamelle Elliott

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Maya made it the standard for everyone else. When the best player worked that hard, there was no excuse for anyone else.

Mo was a human dynamo. Gabby learned from her and acknowledges it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Looking for someone with a motor? Check out the blur with the pony tail.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom