Preseason Top to Bottom Best Conference for WBB is? | The Boneyard

Preseason Top to Bottom Best Conference for WBB is?

Preseason Which is the Best Conference for WBB

• Total voters

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Taking the Top 10 teams in each Conference in consideration which is the Best Conference for WBB this Year? Chose the Top 10 as the B12 has 10 Schools. I previously thought the AAC was the best conference, I' m not sure right now as the SEC and PAC 12 have strong teams.

I've listed the AAC, but don't think they should get any votes despite UConn being the #1 team in the country. Will probably end up with two or three teams in the Top 25 for most of the year.

Reaction Score
Sorry to quibble, but as a data and stats guy I have to take issue with saying "top to bottom" but then only including 10 teams. Because what you're really saying is "how does the entire big12 compare to the top two-thirds of the ACC?" It would be very tough for the B12 to win that comparison. If you want top-to-bottom, then it should be all teams.

Reaction Score
Why not throw out the best and worst team in each conference and then compare them. That would probably give a better perspective of over all conference strength.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I think another assessment would be to look at the top players in each league and form a "team(s)"... or just look at the preseason all-conference teams.

Reaction Score
I would think the analysis would be based on post season success. How many teams from each conference makes the tournament and how well do they perform in the tourney.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Why not throw out the best and worst team in each conference and then compare them. That would probably give a better perspective of over all conference strength.

Good idea. Each conference has their elite teams, and their dogs (teams that finish at the bottom of the conference standings EVERY year). Each passing year, AAC teams are improving.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom