Premiership Title | The Boneyard

Premiership Title

Reaction Score
If Spurs is to have any reasonable hope of catching Chelsea, they have to gain points on Sunday. Forget for a moment that Spurs remaining schedule is difficult (home to Arsenal and Man U and at Leicester, West Ham and Hull) and even dream that Spurs can win out (which would mean taking their current 8 game league winning streak to an absurd 13 games). While Chelsea is I'm sure favored at Everton Sunday, they could very easily drop points there. But after that, their remaining 4 games give one nothing to think that they will drop points after Sunday.

It seems to me that Spurs only realistic hope is that they cut the lead to 2 or 3 points this weekend, giving Chelsea four opportunities to either dominate a game against an inferior team but be held to a draw, or let the pressure get to them and choke. But that's not happening twice out of four games, especially if, holding their 4 point lead after Sunday, they know they have room to slip up.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
As long as they beat Hull and Swansea finds a way to beat ManU and Everton as well as Sunderland and West Brom and stay up, I don't care who wins the title. Just want safety for my club

Reaction Score
Spurs have to win out to have any shot what so ever. The only games Chelsea could potentially drop points is Sunday @ Everton, and then maybe in 2 weeks @West Brom. Draws st those two places would be enough (if Spurs won out, then it goes to GD).

Added bonus, Spurs winning Sunday would put them 17 points ahead of Arsenal, ensuring they finish ahead of the Gooners regardless what happens the rest of the way.... ending the St Totteringhams Day streak of more than 20 years. They'll finish ahead of Spurs either way, just a little sweeter if their win is what secures it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34
Top Bottom