Premiere League Week 1 | The Boneyard

Premiere League Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It all gets going 7:45am Saturday at Old Trafford! COYS!!!!!

Saturday
United v Spurs - the premiere match of week 1. Spurs will escape with an ugly draw, earning an away point
Bournemouth v Villa - the newly promoted will earn 3 points v Villa
Everton v Watford - Watofrd will have a tougher initiation, Everton to win
Leicester v Sunderland - a draw to get things under way for 2 teams who will be in the relegation discussion
Norwich v Palace - CP and their awesome away kits will get the draw and an away point
Chelsea v Swansea - sorry Swans
Sunday
Arsenal v West Ham - a London Darby to start the season off. Gunners win big
Newcastle vs. Southampton - Saints will pick up where they left off with an away win
Stoke vs. Liverpool - Liverpool's signings will not pay off immediately, but will get a point in the draw
Monday
WBA v City - the Citizens win big

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Swansea got a tough draw but last season they kicked off the season with a 7:45 game at ManU and pulled off the win. Hoping for a similar result this year. Unfortunately I have to miss the game as we got family coming up for my daughter's 3 year birthday.

On a positive note, Men in Blazers is back this week I believe!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Swansea got a tough draw but last season they kicked off the season with a 7:45 game at ManU and pulled off the win. Hoping for a similar result this year. Unfortunately I have to miss the game as we got family coming up for my daughter's 3 year birthday.

On a positive note, Men in Blazers is back this week I believe!
Wish Ted Lasso was back too.

Reaction Score
It all gets going 7:45am Saturday at Old Trafford! COYS!!!!!

Saturday
United v Spurs - the premiere match of week 1. Spurs will escape with an ugly draw, earning an away point
Bournemouth v Villa - the newly promoted will earn 3 points v Villa
Everton v Watford - Watofrd will have a tougher initiation, Everton to win
Leicester v Sunderland - a draw to get things under way for 2 teams who will be in the relegation discussion
Norwich v Palace - CP and their awesome away kits will get the draw and an away point
Chelsea v Swansea - sorry Swans
Sunday
Arsenal v West Ham - a London Darby to start the season off. Gunners win big
Newcastle vs. Southampton - Saints will pick up where they left off with an away win
Stoke vs. Liverpool - Liverpool's signings will not pay off immediately, but will get a point in the draw
Monday
WBA v City - the Citizens win big
Wow, I nailed these predictions so far.... Not one right pick Saturday, and as it appears, in the 76th minute of the Sunday early games, my 0-fer is alive and well with Arsenal and Southampton both losing.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Chelsea and Swansea had a great match and the Swans should have won. No one expected Arsenal to lay an egg and Man U once again won on luck( Own goal). The middle of the league is much better due to the money in the league.
That being said, the football this weekend was sub par and will be much better in 2 weeks when all the teams are together and the players are more in tune with each other.

Reaction Score
Lost to West Ham at home 2 to 0. Take 2 shots. Cech made two crucial errors. Take 2 more shots. Gunners one again can't deal with a sold team that wants to grind out the game instead of dazzle. Finish the bottle.

Wanted Tottenham to win (gulp) over Man U, darn it. Chelski actually played better one they went down a man. Actually attacked more and earned the draw.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Happy Swansea pulled a Draw but wish they got 3 points considering Chelsea played the most the whole second half with 10 men. That being said, Chelsea looked dangerous even with 10 men and had lots of opportunities to get a goal near the end of the game. From the Red card until the 69' or so Swansea looked in control and I thought they'd pull one out but then Chelsea went on the attack and Swansea just tried to hang on. They had a few counters that looked promising and Gomis couldn't stay onsides to save his life, but just glad to get a point.

Good first week.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lost to West Ham at home 2 to 0. Take 2 shots. Cech made two crucial errors. Take 2 more shots. Gunners one again can't deal with a sold team that wants to grind out the game instead of dazzle. Finish the bottle.

It could be a long season for Arsenal. Cech is shot. How long are they going to stay with him?

Reaction Score
So I'm living on a NATO base in Kabul, and I got to watch a couple matches in one of the cafes on base over the weekend. There were probably as many Americans watching as there were internationals. The Brits were pretty surprised when we told them about the coverage NBC offers, said that you would easily pay a hundred quid a month for coverage like that in the UK.

Reaction Score
I haven't been able to watch the Spurs game yet, was out of town over the weekend. DVR'd it, so may try to watch tonight. I listened to a part of it on SiriusXM. Sounded like Spurs dominated first 20-25 minutes and missed on at least 2 "should have scored" opportunities, then United took control the rest of the half and scored on a bad own goal off Walker, and the rest of the game was pretty blah....
The only positive is they got one of their toughest road games out of the way, and their next 4-5 are winnable matches. The bad part is once again they are finding ways to lose games by bad giveaways in their own end or own goals. they should at the worst draw or even win. They do this a lot.

Upside of the weekend is Arsenal lost (at home no less) and looked pretty bad in doing so, and Chelsea only got the draw at home. This is going to be a pretty competitive season throughout the league I believe. The middle of the table are all getting better and the talent gap between #1 and #14 is not as wide as in years past.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It could be a long season for Arsenal. Cech is shot. How long are they going to stay with him?
There's a rumor out there that Wenger is trying to bring Fabianski back.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There's a rumor out there that Wenger is trying to bring Fabianski back.

Of the teams that have a real chance to win the whole thing, I'd much rather see the Gunners win than Chelsea or the Man's. But they are not going to do it with Cech.

Reaction Score

The company line that Czech, who happens to be just 2 years older than last year's starter, Ospina, who by the way looked awesome in the Copa for Colombia, was brought on because he is very good at organizing defenses. I honestly don't buy it and am concerned that his contract is going to hand around the Gunner's neck like A-Roid's contract with my Yankees. Yep, going to need more alcohol in the house.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
So I'm living on a NATO base in Kabul, and I got to watch a couple matches in one of the cafes on base over the weekend. There were probably as many Americans watching as there were internationals. The Brits were pretty surprised when we told them about the coverage NBC offers, said that you would easily pay a hundred quid a month for coverage like that in the UK.
NBC just extended their deal another 6 years. Awesome news IMO

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
NBC just extended their deal another 6 years. Awesome news IMO

Awesome is right. The job they do with the BPL might be the best any network does for any sport. I was worried Fox might get in there.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Awesome is right. The job they do with the BPL might be the best any network does for any sport. I was worried Fox might get in there.
Same here. I didn't mind Fox's coverage until NBC took over. Noiw I couldn't imagine having to watch them again. It's going to be hard enough watching the World Cup on Fox. Might need to just watch it muted.

Reaction Score

NBC did a better job with MLS than FOX and ESPN. ESPN is just mailing it in. FOX is trying, there is a mix of good and bad. But when it comes to MLS, some of the local broadcasters do a better job than the national guys.

Reaction Score
It's going to be hard enough watching the World Cup on Fox. Might need to just watch it muted.
I'm strongly considering watching it on the Spanish stations. I'm working on learning the language anyways, gives me 3 years to at least be versed enough to understand soccer talk en esapnol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom