Premiere League Holiday week(s) marathon | The Boneyard

Premiere League Holiday week(s) marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love this time of year in the PL. Beginning today, then Boxing Day (Friday) matches, a day's rest and then Sunday matches, followed by New Years Day matches. So everybody gets 4 games 12 days.
The top matches, IMO, are
Liverpool vs Arsenal tomorrow.
Boxing Day features a Chelsea v. West Ham London derby.
Next Sunday gives you Spurs V United and Arsenal v West Ham in another London derby.
And then Chelsea v Spurs in yet another London derby.

Bring it on!

Reaction Score
Arsenal was fortunate to get tied at half 1 to 1 as Liverpool controlled most of the first 45 minutes and then unfortunate to concede a goal in injury time to tie it a 2 to 2. Good back and forth game; but, a lot of fouls by both teams. Will take 1 point at a game in Liverpool. With QPR after the break followed by West Ham and then Southampton, the last two being the next two teams ahead of the Gunners in the standings, hope they can be in the top 4 to start the New Year.

Reaction Score
Chelsea/Stoke has potential. Cameron should start and he has been playing well.

Reaction Score
Chelski will win in dominany fashion, but would love to see Cameron and Stoke them down.
Liverpool/Arsenal ending was a fun one to watch yesterday. Spurs never seem to make it easy for themselves. They have to get 3 points at Leicester on Thursday, b/c then they get Man U and Chelsea back to back. Fortunately both are at WHL, so hoping they can get 6 (if not 7) from their next 3 matches.

Let's go QPR ;).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Zonal marking lol.
But-why-meme-generator-but-why-84103d-300x155.jpg

Reaction Score
The Gunners did what they are supposed to do and took care of QPR 2 to 1, just wondering how long Giroud maybe suspended for his head-butt.

Looks like the EPL is starting to separate itself with Chelsea a clear #1 with Man City having an outside chance to catch them. Man U is right behind Man City. Just too darn talented to keep down. Behind those 3, looks like Arsenal will be in a fight with surprising West Ham and Southampton, though the later seems to have run out of gas. Liverpool is in the mix; but, I doubt they can fix their scoring issues this season. Glad to see Swansea battling and less than happy to see the Spurs hanging around, too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The Gunners did what they are supposed to do and took care of QPR 2 to 1, just wondering how long Giroud maybe suspended for his head-butt.
Straight Red is normally a 3 game ban.

Reaction Score
Big day tomorrow with 8 of the top 9 teams paired up against each other. #3 Man U @ #7 Spurs, #6 Arsenal @ #5 West Ham, #1 Chelsea @ #4 Southampton, and #8 Swansea @ #9 Liverpool (Monday). The weekend could end with any one of teams 4 thru 7 landing in the 4 sport.

Reaction Score
Big day tomorrow with 8 of the top 9 teams paired up against each other. #3 Man U @ #7 Spurs, #6 Arsenal @ #5 West Ham, #1 Chelsea @ #4 Southampton, and #8 Swansea @ #9 Liverpool (Monday). The weekend could end with any one of teams 4 thru 7 landing in the 4 sport.

Trying to pick which team too root for between Man U and the Spurs is nearly as tough for me as trying to pick between Petino coached Louisville and Calipari coached Kentucky in college basketball yesterday. Yuck! The two tying is likely the Gunners best outcome as both only get 1 point. Now, if the Gunner can do their job at get 3 points against West Ham, it will be a good Holiday.

Reaction Score
Straight Red is normally a 3 game ban.

It has been confirmed that Olivier Giroud has been suspended for 3 matches and admits that he was an idiot and the penalty is deserved; but, Nedum Onuoha from QPR deserves some sort of award/penalty for his NBA/Italian national team level flop. My 6 month old nephew has hit me harder than that.

Reaction Score
Rumors of Southampton's demise may have been exaggerated.

And they play Arsenal next, battle for 4th.

Reaction Score

Hope it's on TV, though, I expect to be nursing a hang-over to start 2015. Not happy with Arsenal's overall goal differential so far. Could hurt the Gunners in a tight race. Bloody center defense and injuries.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Going to be a tough game for Arsenal. Hopefully some help comes quickly in Jan in the form of a CB and DM.

Reaction Score
Two sackings so far over the holiday period. Newcastle's manager fired Newcastle and now he manages our favorite Gentleman's Club. WBA sacked Irvine. Which seems overdue. Why wouldn't you have Ideye and Berahino on the field at the same time?
I think I am a masochist. I took over WBA in my FIFA 15 Manager Campaign, two seasons of MLS with only two competitions bored me to tears. So as a result I find myself drawn to watching West Brom. Seriously WTF.

Reaction Score
Oh, what I would give for a competent central defense. Gunners are deservedly down 2 to 0 against Southampton after two poor defensive lapses.

Everton's defense is not much better as Howard is being exposed a lot. Glad to see that Man U tied Stoke. In live action, last place Leicester rallied to tie Liverpool and Sundreland did the same to City. As painful as it is, going to have to root for Chelsea today as Arsenal needs to keep ahead of Tottenham and has little chance to catch Chelsea on top, especially with that defense.

Reaction Score
2015 is off to a fantastic start. Spurs FINALLY handle their business against a top 2 club (and in emphatic and dramatic fashion no less). They're within sptting distance of top 4 (and top 3 for that matter), and the rest of London either drew or lost.

Harry Kane is a beast.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Two sackings so far over the holiday period. Newcastle's manager fired Newcastle and now he manages our favorite Gentleman's Club. WBA sacked Irvine. Which seems overdue. Why wouldn't you have Ideye and Berahino on the field at the same time?
I think I am a masochist. I took over WBA in my FIFA 15 Manager Campaign, two seasons of MLS with only two competitions bored me to tears. So as a result I find myself drawn to watching West Brom. Seriously WTF.

Irvine should have been gone a month ago. They are frustrating - they certainly aren't good, but they don't feel like they should be this bad.

They just don't have enough strength in the midfield.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

westbrom.com is a decent message board read. Extremely well organized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom