Premier League 22-23 | The Boneyard

Premier League 22-23

Reaction Score
We're here. Matchday 1 kicks off Friday with Arsenal - Crystal Palace.
Let's hear some Top 4, 6 and relegation predictions.
Will the American trio of Marsch, Adams & Aaronson keep Leeds up? Into Euro competition?

My top 6:
Spurs
Man City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man U
Arsenal

Relegation:
Bournemouth
Fulham
Everton

Reaction Score
Americans in the PL 2022.

Christian Pulisic, Chelsea
Brenden Aaronson, Leeds United
Tyler Adams, Leeds United
Chris Richards, Crystal Palace
Antonee 'Jedi' Robinson, Fulham
Tim Ream, Fulham
Matt Turner, Arsenal
Matt Miazga, Chelsea Loan System
Ethan Horvath, Nottingham Forest Loan System
Folarin Balogun, Arsenal (Born in the U.S. but could still play for England)
Alex Mighten, Nottingham Forest (Born in the U.S. but could still play for England)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm going with:
Liverpool
City
Spurs
Arsenal
Chelsea
West Ham

Rel:
Bournemouth
BHA
Leeds

Reaction Score
Even as a Spurs fan, it is hard to imagine anyone winning it this season besides Liverpool or City. But sometimes, like in 2016 with Leicester, you don't see the surprise team coming. I think Chelsea is likely to fall out of the top 4, and it would seem Arsenal (that hurts to type that) is best positioned to replace them. I think United will need a year to sort things out with yet another new gaffer, so I don't see them in the top 4.

As for relegation, it seems like every season at least one of the newly promoted teams doesn't last. So I will say Forest gets relegated, along with Bournemouth and Leeds. I also think Southampton and Everton will flirt with relegation.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Top 6:
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man City
Man U
Arsenal
Spurs

Relegated:
Brentford
Brighton
Bournemouth

Reaction Score
If ten Hag can get Man U into the top 4 this year it will be the best bit of coaching since....conte last year

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ok I'll take a shot. WAG

Top 6
Man City
Liverpool
(head and shoulders above everyone else)
Tottenham
Arsenal
(both teams seem to be moving forward)
Chelsea
ManU
(both teams seem to be in flux)

Relegation
Bournemouth
Everton
Nottingham Forest

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think Spurs (world cup fatigue) and Chelsea (manager has gone chaotic loco) are going to underperform.

City
Pool
Manu
Arsenal
Chelsea
Spurs

Fullham
Bournemouth
Forest

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Leeds and the Americans there had a good day yesterday

Arob had a very good day marking Saleh. Ream had a couple tough moments and let Salah loose on his goal but, it's Liverpool. No one in the US group is Liverpool. Playing 3 month alongside Jedi in the PL has to give GGG some thought to starting them together. At least as a tiebreaker for a close call.

Aaronson had a good day, made it look like a Concacat friendly. Should have been given the goal. Adams had a rougher time, but he was asked to do a lot. Didn't look comfortable at all.

Pulisic is going to have trouble unless he forms connections with at least one other Chelsea regular on the field. He's clearly an afterthought on the roster right now. Chelsea looks like they are going to be a mess. CP would do well to leave asap.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Tottenham
Chelsea
West Ham

Forest, Bournemouth, and Brentford go down

Come On You Irons.

Reaction Score
Chelsea will finish top four...................barely. Arsenal............no.

City
Liverpool
Spurs
Chelsea

Arsenal
West Ham

Forest, Brentford, Villa go down.

Man U.......................................................................................DIE!

Reaction Score
Arob had a very good day marking Saleh. Ream had a couple tough moments and let Salah loose on his goal but, it's Liverpool. No one in the US group is Liverpool. Playing 3 month alongside Jedi in the PL has to give GGG some thought to starting them together. At least as a tiebreaker for a close call.

Aaronson had a good day, made it look like a Concacat friendly. Should have been given the goal. Adams had a rougher time, but he was asked to do a lot. Didn't look comfortable at all.

Pulisic is going to have trouble unless he forms connections with at least one other Chelsea regular on the field. He's clearly an afterthought on the roster right now. Chelsea looks like they are going to be a mess. CP would do well to leave asap.

Pulisic looked better than Mount in that match.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Pulisic looked better than Mount in that match.

No one from Chelsea looked good in that match. If not for playing what looks to be a historically goal phobic Everton side, FML, they'd have blown it.

I can't imagine that anyone on Chelsea doesn't hate Tuchel. How can anyone play for that guy. At least Everton's problem of spening too much on bad players can be fixed.

I don't see how Tuchel makes it to the WC unless he stopped messing with his players heads. There is a line of players looking to leave, but they won't let them.

Reaction Score

Back up the video on the Aronson game winner. None of it happens without a superb line breaking pass by Adams.

Reaction Score
Adams isn't very good on the ball and rarely makes impact passes going forward. I'd be can figure that out Leeds will be good

Reaction Score
Adams isn't very good on the ball and rarely makes impact passes going forward. I'd be can figure that out Leeds will be good
Back up the video on the Aronson game winner. Adams takes a pass and makes an impact pass forward that contributes to the game winner. No goal with him.

Reaction Score
Watched it live. I'm saying that's not Adams' strong suit. Would be great for Leeds and USMNT if it becomes his competency

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
So I've tried to get into this but feel no connection to the teams. Who should a UCONN fan from Boston who hates the Red Sox ownership cheer for?

Reaction Score
No one from Chelsea looked good in that match. If not for playing what looks to be a historically goal phobic Everton side, FML, they'd have blown it.

I can't imagine that anyone on Chelsea doesn't hate Tuchel. How can anyone play for that guy. At least Everton's problem of spening too much on bad players can be fixed.

I don't see how Tuchel makes it to the WC unless he stopped messing with his players heads. There is a line of players looking to leave, but they won't let them.

He has such a short shelf life with every club he is with. He’s like wish dot com Jose Mourinho

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
So I've tried to get into this but feel no connection to the teams. Who should a UCONN fan from Boston who hates the Red Sox ownership cheer for?

Come join the Spurs. Tottenham has the white and navy blue colors you're familiar with, London based so easy to visit, best stadium in the league, possibly best front 3 in Europe right now and racking up goals, always on TV, top 6 historic club but often disrespected so you won't be frontrunning with a Duke (Man City) or Kentucky (Chelsea) type club. Obviously Liverpool have the Fenway connection so they're out. Think they'll be playing with a chip on their shoulder this year with a GOAT level manager in Conte and should surprise in the end. Also in Champions League which is much more fun. Spurs have a great Boston presence too: Boston Supporters' Club | Tottenham Hotspur

SubbaBub

Reaction Score

Liverpool is the Red Sox ownership. City is better then them. Chelsea was just bought by the owner of the Dodgers. Then there is Man U, the UCLA of the EPL, a dynasty struggling to live up to its past and failing spectacularly.

If you want to see games on free TV, pick one of those four. If you have Peacock, every game is available.

If you want to watch USMNT players, Fullham and Leeds each have 2 who will play regularly, but both could be in danger of being relegated, though both looked pretty good in match 1. Pulisic plays for Chelsea but he's on the fringe of the Starting 11 right now.

Reaction Score
Liverpool is the Red Sox ownership. City is better then them. Chelsea was just bought by the owner of the Dodgers. Then there is Man U, the UCLA of the EPL, a dynasty struggling to live up to its past and failing spectacularly.

If you want to see games on free TV, pick one of those four. If you have Peacock, every game is available.

If you want to watch USMNT players, Fullham and Leeds each have 2 who will play regularly, but both could be in danger of being relegated, though both looked pretty good in match 1. Pulisic plays for Chelsea but he's on the fringe of the Starting 11 right now.

I don’t think the Chelsea game was live on Peacock but I could be wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom