Preliminary Tailgate Menu for Memphis Game... | The Boneyard

Preliminary Tailgate Menu for Memphis Game...

Reaction Score
Will finalize with tailgate crew tonight. The preliminary thought was that, as everyone gets out of work a various times to keep it simple.
On that note, the initial thought was to preorder barbecue from Smokin' with Chris's in Southington & pick it up on the way to the game.
May get some barbecue wings from either Sliders in Southington or The Groggy Frog
Smoked brisket, corn bread, mac & cheese.
As I am off on Thursday, I have time to make cole slaw & potato salad. I already have a jar of homemade refrigerator pickles chilling.
Remember that Jack & Jill that prevented me from going to the last Game? Much of the beer was donated by a friend of the family & there were leftovers of summer offerings. My niece twisted my arm to take a few 12 packs home for tailgating.
Someone will make dessert (something with apple in tribute to orchard season & Southington's ongoing Apple Harvest Festival)
But, enough for now, it's almost lunch time.

Reaction Score
Group is small this week (just 4 ofnus) since the start time and HS sports aren’t conducive to tailgating. I’m going with takeout BBQ..it’s not worth it to make it myself. Since my wife is off I’m gonna do Hoo Doo Brown in Ridgefield..put it in my Cambto hot box and make my way to the Rent.

Reaction Score
Most of my tailgate crew has moved on for various reasons, so it's been mostly my father-in-law and I for the last two years.

We've always had an assortment of casual fans come in from time to time, but the product on the field hasn't brought those guys out in a long while.

That said, I've got a pretty big group coming in tomorrow. My nephew, (a former UCONN Sports Admin intern) is coming up from Maryland with his girl and its bringing out the whole family.

Its going to be a grinder night. I've got Fenway sausages, marinated chicken breasts, peppers and onions, various cheeses, and all sorts of snacks.

Out of work at noon so I can be in there right at 2:00! Really looking forward to the evening!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Going to keep it fairly light but pulled pork sandwiches, a couple of sides, and a whole lotta beer are on the menu for tomorrow.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Buffalo chicken bites and sausage to get things started.

Then a couple, two, tree racks of babybacks, BBQ chicken, and assorted sides.

Red Sox on the tube as we pull in. Yanks at 5:00, which means we should be entering the stadium around the second inning ;).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What about the bean dip? Is anyone bringing bean dip?

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
pizzas from the oven for the HQ crew today. I plan to put at least one meat lover's special together with sausage, beef and some other sausage and then maybe meatballs.

I can feel the meat sweats already...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Last night I prepared cornbread and Carolina cole slaw similar to exactly like the ECU game (Not fond of slaw to begin with but I really don't like the creamy kind).

I will put the chicken in the brine when I get home and it will be ready by the time it hits the heat, presumably after a game or two of cornhole and the Sox up big to even the series and take HFA back to Boston.

Reaction Score
Still haven't bought beer. Thinking that Harpoon Flannel Friday might be a possibility.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom