Preliminary tailgate menu for home opener with CCSU... | The Boneyard

Preliminary tailgate menu for home opener with CCSU...

Reaction Score
Okay, I've put it off long enough. Spoke with some of the tailgate crew yesterday as we had a 4-some in the Rotary of Southington Golf Scramble. (still have to verify with all the Mrs.'s..lol)
So, here we go:
"Deviled" eggs
Kielbasa from Filipek's of Meriden or Southington Meat Packing (I have both in the freezer)
fresh zucchini bread
fresh salsa (tomatoes & peppers from my garden) & chips
bacon & egg sandwiches
beverages to include bloody Mary's, mimosas, Fireball, & beer

Will make additions as I get verification from the crew

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Nice menu. Love the deviled egg item. Appropriate.
How many here could eat 6-7 easy? My guess, many.
Also, bacon and egg sandwiches made in blue lot, or ahead of time? If made at home and heated on the grill is it cheating? I’ve done both. No judging. Lastly, partial to Rosol’s kielbasa. The 2 you mention must be good, yes?

Reaction Score
I've done breakfast sandwiches on the grill. Not the easiest.

Thinking I'll start the season with french toast, bacon and fresh fruit. Though I like the deviled egg idea and may add that. Already planning flank steak sandwiches, baked stuffed potatoes and tomato salad for the Syracuse game.

Reaction Score
Okay, I've put it off long enough. Spoke with some of the tailgate crew yesterday as we had a 4-some in the Rotary of Southington Golf Scramble. (still have to verify with all the Mrs.'s..lol)
So, here we go:
"Deviled" eggs
Kielbasa from Filipek's of Meriden or Southington Meat Packing (I have both in the freezer)
fresh zucchini bread
fresh salsa (tomatoes & peppers from my garden) & chips
bacon & egg sandwiches
beverages to include bloody Mary's, mimosas, Fireball, & beer

Will make additions as I get verification from the crew
How is the keilbasa from Southington meat pack ?

Reaction Score
New Britain reminds me of hot dogs because of Capital lunch. I think I’d do chili dogs if I were going to this game.

Kielbasa is a good choice for New Britain too. I like kielbasa and sauerkraut on toasted rye with spicy mustard. It is an easy tailgate meal with a flat top or electric skillet.

Reaction Score
How is the keilbasa from Southington meat pack ?
Their kielbasa is delicious & has peppercorns in it. There used to be a kielbasa maker in New Britain called Rembis. The flavor is similar.

Reaction Score
Also, bacon and egg sandwiches made in blue lot, or ahead of time? If made at home and heated on the grill is it cheating? I’ve done both. No judging. Lastly, partial to Rosol’s kielbasa. The 2 you mention must be good, yes?
I also eat Martin Rosol, but Filipek's is fantastic. Their smokehouse & salesroom is a hole in the wall on Elm St. near Ceppa Field. I'm of Polish heritage & appreciate the good stuff!

Reaction Score
Just got the season tix for first time in eons. ... Will be in the Blue Lot.
For CCSU: My wife is making her epic Kielbasa/Potato/Sauerkraut dish, that wont last!
she's going to attempt Pierogies for the first time.
Havnet figured out apps yet, but will have plenty of beverages.

Looking forward to the MoraEra!
We're having a "Trial Run Tailgate Party" on Saturday in Milford to watch Week Zero.
!!!

Reaction Score
We're having a "Trial Run Tailgate Party" on Saturday in Milford to watch Week Zero.
!!!
same here in Burlington! Can't wait to get the squad back together !!

Reaction Score
New Britain reminds me of hot dogs because of Capital lunch. I think I’d do chili dogs if I were going to this game.

Kielbasa is a good choice for New Britain too. I like kielbasa and sauerkraut on toasted rye with spicy mustard. It is an easy tailgate meal with a flat top or electric skillet.
I essentially grew up on Capitol Lunch hot dogs and Martin Rosol's kielbasa. Can't go wrong with either.

Reaction Score
Martin Rosols kobasa right from the Rosol kobasa factory.

Reaction Score

Rye bread from Rolly Polly deli / bakery. Kosciusko mustard.

Reaction Score
Stew Leonard's carries Rosol's now, tried it the other night and real good!
Shop Right in Southington Carrie’s Rosol products so if you do not have a current passport to get into New Britain to buy genuine Rosol you are in luck.

Reaction Score
I also eat Martin Rosol, but Filipek's is fantastic. Their smokehouse & salesroom is a hole in the wall on Elm St. near Ceppa Field. I'm of Polish heritage & appreciate the good stuff!
My parents are from Ukraine and Ukrainian food is very close to Polish food so shopping for food in New Britain was like the “old country” for them.

Reaction Score
Just got the season tix for first time in eons. ... Will be in the Blue Lot.
For CCSU: My wife is making her epic Kielbasa/Potato/Sauerkraut dish, that wont last!
she's going to attempt Pierogies for the first time.
Havnet figured out apps yet, but will have plenty of beverages.

!!!
Your wife is brave attempting pierogies. We all used to rely on my mom for them but she is almost 100 so the “younger” ladies ladies in my family took a crash course from mom when she was in her seventies. Most of them passed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom