FBoyd, TylerMKE Ankaragücü
FGyau, JoeMSV Duisburg
FLewis, JonathanColorado Rapids
FMorris, JordanSeattle Sounders
FRamirez, ChristianLAFC
FSargent, JoshWerder Bremen
FZardes, GyasiColumbus Crew SC

Reaction Score
Bradley and Trapp have to be MLS' picks, but what is Omar doing here?

If a player has no chance at the next WC they shouldn't be in this lineup.

Reaction Score
16 days until we learn a lot about coach Beer Holder.

Here is my 23:

GK: Steffen, Horvath, Guzan for veteran leadership if he needs 3
DEF: Adams, CCV, Lima, Miazga, Ream, Robinson, Zimmerman
MID: Lleget, McKennie, Mihaliovic, Nagbe, Pulisic, Roldan, Trapp
FWD: Altidore, Arriola, Boyd, Morris, Sargent, and Zardes has likely earned a spot at this point, but meh.

Starting XI vs Guyana from my 23:

Steffen
Adams, CCV, Miazga, Ream
Nagbe, McKennie, Roldan
Pulisic, Mihaliovic
Sargent

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
My lord we are thin in the midfield. I'd say the same at striker but that has always been the case unless we were trotting out Dempsey in his prime.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Tyler Adams is a midfielder and Nagbe is a stiff.

I agree but coach wants him at RB so for the time being he's not a midfielder. I'd consider Yedlin at RM as I think Adams is a better defender.

Reaction Score
Wait, I thought Duane Holmes "wasn't getting a look" . . .

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This is the 40 man Pre-lim roster. Some of these guys won't even come to camp, let alone make the 23. However, if there are injuries prior to the Gold Cup, I believe you can only replace with someone off the 40 man.

Reaction Score
Thats not what Alexander Arnold plays. He busts up the wing like a traditional outside back, crosses everything in.

This whole thing is to play Adams as a defensive midfielder when on attack, or something. Only happened one game so far and they did not even try it with Yedlin the next game.

Take someone who has shown tremendous promise in the center of the midfield and move him to right back. sure. why not. what can go wrong.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
re: Adams - its a hybrid defensive / attacking FB role that GB feels Adams could fit perfectly in.
Let's take a budding Kante and put him at back. While we're at it, let's try Tim Weah in goal.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Thats not what Alexander Arnold plays. He busts up the wing like a traditional outside back, crosses everything in.

This whole thing is to play Adams as a defensive midfielder when on attack, or something. Only happened one game so far and they did not even try it with Yedlin the next game.

Take someone who has shown tremendous promise in the center of the midfield and move him to right back. sure. why not. what can go wrong.
Yea, that's what GB is trying to do. Don't know if it will work or not. USA would need to have a lot of possession to get any use out of it. I suppose against the CONCACAF minnows it might??? Pep does (or has done) something similar with Man City. However, we're not Man City. Adams might be able to do it (he supposedly has a very high football IQ) but I don't know that the rest of the team can emulate Man City. (Actually, I'm pretty sure they can't.)

I think most of us would like to see GB try Adams (6), McKennie (8) and Pulisic (10) in a 4-3-3.

Reaction Score
Wait, I thought Duane Holmes "wasn't getting a look" . . .

Listed on a 40 man roster? Hardly counts as a “look”. If he sniffs the 23 man roster I’ll be shocked.

#berhalterout

Reaction Score
Nice first half if you pounding shards of glass into your eyes.

Reaction Score
Caught the last 5 minutes of the match after watching my 9U travel baseball team, including my son, forget how to play in the field after a week off losing 12-2 9(mercy). What I saw in TV was not much better. If the USMNT bombs out in the Gold Cup, there needs to be a short leash on the MLS marketing manager coaching the team before the 2022 WC qualifying begins.

Reaction Score
So you missed the part where they talked about how Berhalter wants to control the diets of all the players? Like he did with the Columbus Crew.

He mentions Zardes in like every other sentence.

Reaction Score
I can’t recall a USMNT getting booed like that, towards the end. It was really bad. Really, really bad. I get that Berhalter is ‘experimenting’ with formations and we put a B- side out there, but still... it was a bad performance. And Jamaica didn’t play probably their best player either.

Let’s see what happens v Venezuela on Sunday with what should be our A team.

Reaction Score
I can’t recall a USMNT getting booed like that, towards the end. It was really bad. Really, really bad. I get that Berhalter is ‘experimenting’ with formations and we put a B- side out there, but still... it was a bad performance. And Jamaica didn’t play probably their best player either.

Let’s see what happens v Venezuela on Sunday with what should be our A team.

They lost to a bunch of USL players.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
U20's gonna cycle this entire team out to pasture next year. This team is an embarrassment, lead by Captain America 2.0, Will Trapp
Pretty poor game by Trapp. Well, nobody really stood out positively. Steffen made a couple good saves. And a big time blunder (lucky it didn't cost him).

The first 10 minutes were pretty good, then after that the Jamaican's speed and strength just kind of overpowered the US. And add to that poor passing and poor touches. Some of their ideas were good, but their execution was poor.

I don't know if any of them helped themselves onto the Gold Cup Team. The 23 are supposed to be announced today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom