Pregame Analysis From Noles Perspective | The Boneyard

Pregame Analysis From Noles Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well written article................can't disagree with anything said................I believe UConn should win but would not at all be surprised if FSU played well enough at home to get the victory....................

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Oh, I would. I'd be flabbergasted.

I would also be astonished, BUT (just for fun). . .

An alternative meaning of flabbergasted is "astonishment over a sudden gain of weight." :eek:

Reaction Score
UConn has played very well, indeed, in the tune-ups. They display a huge amount of energy and elan, in some ways because of lower expectations and no longer in the shadows of the big 3. They will hustle to the end, fight tooth-and-nail. This is going to be a really fun team to watch. They are at least one standard deviation better than FSU. But of course, upsets happen all the time: 3 of the 4 #1 seeds didn't make it to the finals last year. And I'm sure FSU fans will be going crazy. But UConn is ready for business. They will win all the games they are supposed to and win at least some of the games they may not be supposed to win.

Reaction Score
I would also be astonished, BUT (just for fun). . .
An alternative meaning of flabbergasted is "astonishment over a sudden gain of weight." :eek:

And if I try to calm my nerves with munchies during a close game, I might indeed end up flabbergasted.

Reaction Score
Excellent, factual, and surprisingly unbiased article. I agree with Charlieball--Uconn's brand new team--getting its first real test ride, in a foreign land--first real game nerves--anything and everything is possible. However, I expect a Uconn win by double digits. The reql question is who on Uconn shall get 20 or more/?

Reaction Score
Excellent, factual, and surprisingly unbiased article. I agree with Charlieball--Uconn's brand new team--getting its first real test ride, in a foreign land--first real game nerves--anything and everything is possible. However, I expect a Uconn win by double digits. The reql question is who on Uconn shall get 20 or more/?

Upsets tend to happen at the beginning of the season and no team (this year) is entirely immune from that......I will not be complaining about the size of the victories this year, especially against teams ranked in the top 25

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
You are the wag without the dog. ;)

There is a similar sense of physical frustration:
abdicate - giving up on efforts to tighten up one's tummy​

And a related one:
balderdash - a rapidly receding hairline
Gotta go. Game time SOON! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics