Predictions for FSU-Uconn | The Boneyard

Predictions for FSU-Uconn

Reaction Score
What are your thoughts? I personally think our guards will be better than Florida State’s, but their bigs are better. I’m leaning towards UConn pulls the upset (plus there’s a lot of UConn fans in the area) but I don’t have a definite answer to that.

Reaction Score
I think if we shoot the 3 well, and stay reasonably close to them on the rebounding end we will win this game. Their bigs will provide a big challenge for us. Interested to see how it plays out.

Reaction Score
I want to be cautious with this one as fsu is better than Iowa. I think UConn will show improvement but lose something like 74-63 or 77-68 or something...never really in it but never fully out of it. Kinda like that constant 4 to 8 point deficit UConn face vs zona but this one will be more like 8 to 12.

Reaction Score
Eric Cobb usually does well in big games like these. I think he’ll do well tomorrow

Reaction Score
How many minutes is Yakwe going to play? If it's significant that means that our bigs are in foul trouble, bad sign. How is the game going to be called? If the refs are like AZ then forget it. Can't turn the ball over like we have been. Gotta make the 3's, would think we need to shoot 40%.

Reaction Score
anyone have a scouting report? The 7'4" guy scared me, but he's averaging 7 and 5, so I'm less concerned now. I'm sure we'll look to push the pace and score plenty of points before he gets himself set up, but on our defensive end, does anyone know what their bigs are capable of? I'm hoping their offense is coming from the guards, because Iowa was impossible for us merely due to Cook and their talented big man

Reaction Score
I watched a good amount of FSU basketball... they’re a really good team and long all around. Their best player is Terrance Mann who is 6 foot 7 with guard skills, not sure who will be defending him. We have a shot if Hurley can neutralize Mann to some extent and not let their bigs eat down low. From a talent perspective I think our guys are on par but again the length is a huge difference at literally every position

Reaction Score
I don’t have a good feeling about tmrw. FSU is tuff. They are better than Iowa zona and cuse. Even tho Carlton has been better blocking some shots last two games, I think thier front line will really expose us. I think FSU stays in control and wins by 10-15. Hope I’m wrong. I do think we catch nova tho.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I think this is a bad matchup for us and we lose by 10+

Reaction Score
I’m hoping FSU overplays their hand. They know they have a significant advantage down low, and I hope their bigs force it to a fault. I think Carlton will finally have a solid showing against a better team (I trust his defense over Cobb’s). Need Adams and Gilbert to BOTH bring their good stuff. And in a perfect world, Brendan Adams and T. Smith can get their bigs into foul trouble with their physical drives to the basket. If Vital stays under 2 turnovers, he’s my prediction for Player of the Match (Gonna need those rebounds!)

But on a more realistic approach, I see us losing by 10. Coming off a 14-18 season, beating a team ranked 11th might be a little too much to ask of Mr. Hurley.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think this is a bad matchup for us and we lose by 10+
Really tough matchup. The discrepancy in backcourt size reminds me of Napier and Boatright vs the Kentucky backcourt in the NC. We’ll need to pester them on ball and create turnovers and get out in transition. We’ll also need to hit our 3s. Because we aren’t going to win this game inside in the half court. They’ll kill us there.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I watched a little of their game vs Troy. They are big, strong, and fast but fairly unpolished and to borrow the boneyard word of the season: sloppy. If we can stretch out their defense and Cobb can stay out of foul trouble it’ll be a good game.

Reaction Score
I watched a little of their game vs Troy. They are big, strong, and fast but fairly unpolished and to borrow the boneyard word of the season: sloppy. If we can stretch out their defense and Cobb can stay out of foul trouble it’ll be a good game.
i mean- it’s troy they’re not going to play ridiculously hard

Reaction Score
We'll need to create turnovers and hit threes to have a chance at the W, I expect Carlton to have his head served on a platter again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom