Pre-Season Bracketology | The Boneyard

Pre-Season Bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We know SI has us as a 5 seed, but they don't have a bracket yet so no specific matchup.

Reaction Score
That CBS article has the "Kansas Wildcats" as a 1 seed and Maryland projected to win the Big 12.

How do you not even proofread your top seeds.

Reaction Score
If UConn is an 8 seed that means we had a mediocre year and made the tourny by a few wins.

Reaction Score
Joe Lunardi did one back in August but I think he's working on updating it this week. Had UConn as a 10 seed playing Butler.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

While I will be happy if UConn makes the NCAA Tournament, I have to say I'd be pretty disappointed if they have a season that corresponds to a 8 or 10 seed. Judging by the last 2 years I'm sure being in the AAC isn't going to help them but an 8 or 10 seed will be disappointing.

Reaction Score
Joe Lunardi just updated his brackets this morning. 6th seed in West Region playing Davidson or Iowa in Oklahoma City. Cincinnati (7th seed) and Tulsa (12th seed) are the only other AAC teams.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Teams gaining more than a seed line since our August "guestimate" include Arizona, Butler, Oregon, Vanderbilt, Purdue, Connecticut, Dayton and Valparaiso. I was wrong in the summer on Oregon, Vandy, Purdue, UConn and Valpo. All should have been evaluated closer to where they fall now. The rest are within the normal variance pattern, and we shouldn't make too much of their movement.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/14096628/behind-bracket-joe-lunardi

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let's not put any stock into a projection that has all of the 1 seeds making the final four, playing all of the 2 seeds in the elite 8, and has not one team other than a 3 or a 4 seed in the Sweet 16.
Don't they all do that every March? Makes me shake my head every March that most of the so called analysts go chalk all the way even though that almost never happens. My dog could do those kind of picks.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Don't they all do that every March? Makes me shake my head every March that most of the so called analysts go chalk all the way even though that almost never happens. My dog could do those kind of picks.
In november I would expect all the projections in the brackets to go chalk. The risk/unknown value is projecting who those tops seeds will be. There's enough grey there to say I think these will be the best 16 teams and therefore they should all make the sweet 16. It would be silly to make a bet on a team most others aren't high on, project them to a protected seed, only to then predict them to get upset in the tourney forecast. That would be a crazy thing to do.

Reaction Score
In november I would expect all the projections in the brackets to go chalk. The risk/unknown value is projecting who those tops seeds will be. There's enough grey there to say I think these will be the best 16 teams and therefore they should all make the sweet 16. It would be silly to make a bet on a team most others aren't high on, project them to a protected seed, only to then predict them to get upset in the tourney forecast. That would be a crazy thing to do.
Excellent point. So we need to wait until March, when the tournament bracket is released, to vent about the analysts picking chalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom