Pre-game tweets from John A. | The Boneyard

Pre-game tweets from John A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
John Altavilla@jaltavilla
Did you know that Kiah Stokes has led the team in rebounding in two of the three games (seven each time)? #UConnwomen

#UConnwomen have outscored their opponets 139-40 in the paint.

#UConnwomen have held opponents to a shooting percentage of 25.9 percent, while shooting 62.6 percent

The #UConnwomen have won their three games by an average of 52 points

John Altavilla @jaltavilla
And #UConnwomen have assisted on 82 of their 109 field goals

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I mentioned Stokes' stats in a post after last game. She is also leading the team in blocks and is third overall in rebounds. I think she is being overlooked and I think she's gonna' eat up most of Buck's minutes..

IMO it's a tossup for most improved between Stokes and Banks. I don't count Dolson because we got a glimpse of what was coming last year.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I don't know that Stokes is being overlooked -- more, that it's hard to get attention when everyone's getting attention. :)
I've been impressed with her quiet and efficient fierceness on defense. And the fact that she's not fouling.

Reaction Score
doubt anyone on this team averages 25mins/game... everyone should get a good amount of minutes in a game except for Buck, she's been coming in in the last 5 mins of each game wonder why..??

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Probably just a combination of the incredible depth in the post, and the need to get the frosh and sophs as many minutes under their belts as possible this early in the season. You're going to "invest" more time into Breanna, Morgan and Kiah, at this point in their careers than you will in a 5th-year senior, all things being equal (and, they hardly ever are). I look forward to Heather getting in - I'm a big fan of hers - but her body of work is, literally, years and over a hundred games. The other three front-court players combined don't add up to 1.5 seasons, and, maybe 40 games. The coaching staff knows what Heather can give them: they're still measuring the other 3.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Probably just a combination of the incredible depth in the post, and the need to get the frosh and sophs as many minutes under their belts as possible this early in the season. You're going to "invest" more time into Breanna, Morgan and Kiah, at this point in their careers than you will in a 5th-year senior, all things being equal (and, they hardly ever are). I look forward to Heather getting in - I'm a big fan of hers - but her body of work is, literally, years and over a hundred games. The other three front-court players combined don't add up to 1.5 seasons, and, maybe 40 games. The coaching staff knows what Heather can give them: they're still measuring the other 3.

Sad, but true:

When Heather gets in the game, UConn's offense stalls. Heather doesn't score herself -- and more important, all the players on the court with her don't score much either.

Ergo -- Heather will play mostly garbage minutes all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom