Pre Game Lunch | The Boneyard

Pre Game Lunch

Reaction Score
Hello Fellas. Quick question. Heading to the St. John’s game at the XL and wondering what the best spot is for lunch (prior to noon tip-off). Have two young kids. It’s been awhile since I’ve visited Hartford. Thanks.

Reaction Score
MMs gyros if they survived the pandemic. satisfaction guaranteed.

Reaction Score
Bears always delivers, although their prices have gone up a bit in recent years

Reaction Score
Four Dads Pub is my new place. Love the pizza and they do it by the slice. Great garlic knots too

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The only pregame lunch which should be discussed is today's lunch.

Looking ahead and anticipating life and our world still existing on the day of the SJU game, is messing with mojo.

Today folks.

What are you pre-gaming with today?!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Four Dads Pub is my new place. Love the pizza and they do it by the slice. Great garlic knots to
I agree, I like the pizza by the slice. But getting lunch downtown before a Sunday noon game is going to be tricky. I think you might be better off stopping someplace before you get there. They sell sandwiches from Bears inside the XL. So one option is going in early and eating there before the crowd gets in line. They sell Mac and Cheese for the kids.

Reaction Score
Angie & Ray's Drive In Main Street E. Hartford. Classic foot long hotdogs, burgers, rings, fried clams (strips & bellies) etc., if you don't mind eating in your car. Easy on the wallet and quick trip to the XL.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Angie & Ray's Drive In Main Street E. Hartford. Classic foot long hotdogs, burgers, rings, fried clams (strips & bellies) etc., if you don't mind eating in your car. Easy on the wallet and quick trip to the XL.
Love Augie's, especially their chili dogs. But I don't think they're open on Sunday anymore.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score

I got turned onto Augie & Rays in the late 1980's by my housemate from East Hartford. We had breakfast there before the Liberty FB game (late arrival, no time to tailgate). One of the best BEC's I've had in a long time! And there is a counter you can eat at inside, and picnic tables under a tent outside (don't know if they have space heaters in the winter)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
gene and georgetti, try the shrimp de jonghe.

Wait is this the Depaul board?

Reaction Score
They sprinkle blow on the cornbread.
Licking Fingers Cartoon GIF

Reaction Score
Hello Fellas. Quick question. Heading to the St. John’s game at the XL and wondering what the best spot is for lunch (prior to noon tip-off). Have two young kids. It’s been awhile since I’ve visited Hartford. Thanks.
Keep an eye out for reports how easy/difficult it is getting into XL on 12/28 vs ‘Nova which is a reported sellout. The St. John’s game is also pretty much sold out. We haven’t seen many crowds like this at XL in awhile and you may want to either get lunch in XL or after the game. I am expecting very long delays getting thru security and ticketing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom